Beiträge von elcomandante

Hello community.
    I got a problem with my TI Snow:
    When I use my Snow at higher volumes (say 14:00 o#clock onwards) in standalone-mode,
    I get some crackles and buzzes on the left channel, it´s like my left tweeter (Event TR-6) couldn´t handle the highs out of the Snow.
    It doesn´t occur on all patches but especially on bass-sounds and arps, not so on pads.
    For the lack of a better word, the german word "Schnarren" describes the issue quite well.
    It doesn´t occur on my other synths only in the Snow, when using it standalone.
    I´d like to know if it´s a known issue at high Volumes, maybe some kind of digital overload or if it´s an hardware fault on my device.
    Thanks in advance!
    Peace
    elcomandante

English:
    Hello,
    I´d like to overwrite/ flash the Rom-Banks of my TI Snow.
    On Rom 1+2 I´d like to have the Classic Live soundset from the access site. Rom 3+4 and 5+6 should be overwritten with two soundsets I bought each w. 128 sounds.
    For the Rom-Banks 7+8 I plan to mnke a Best of the EDM 2015 set from the access site.
    Are there any tutorials how to make some own Banks and how to burn them afterwards to the Rom-Banks of the TI Snow?
    Is there anything special I have to consider because of the "Bank-splitting" of the TI Snow (2 Banks w. 64 intead of 1 Bank w. 128 sounds).
    I already did some online-research but didn´t found a concrete tutorial how to do it.
    So any tips are welcome!
    Thanks and best regards,
    elcomandante

Deutsch:
    Hallo,
    ich würde gern die Rom-Bänke von meinem TI Snow überschreiben.
    Die Rom Bänke 1+2 mit dem Classic Live Sounds Set von access. Die Rom Bänke 3+4 und 5+6 mit 2 gekauften Soundsets à 128 Sounds.
    Für die Rom-Bänke 7+ 8 würde ich gern ein Best Of der beiden EDM 2015 Bänke (2x128) von der access-Seite erstellen
    und es auf insgesamt 128 Sounds zusammenschrumpfen und die dann halt auf die Bänke 7+8 brennen/ flashen.
    Gibt es dafür ein tutorial? Muss ich wegen dem Splitting der Bänke im TI Snow (2x64 statt 128 Sounds) irgendetwas beachten?
    Hab schon das Internet durchforstet, aber nichts Konkretes gefunden.
    Herzlichen Dank für eure Tipps!
    elcomandante

Thanks for the fast answer Mark!
    I can fully understand if you can´t give any statements about the future of the TI Snow hardware-wise, as stated I´m a happy owner.
    Sorry if that didn´t came thru my wall of text but my main concern is software-related, it is if there will be any support of the Virus TI Snow Plug-In for future Mac and Win OS?
    Because it´s a separate version from the normal TI-Plugin. I really don´t know, how elaborate it is to keep two separate VST-Plugins.
    Thanks for any information regarding to Virus TI Snow VST-PlugIn support, if you can give any hints!
    All the best,
    Comandante

Hi,
    happy owner of the TI snow here, but I just read that the TI Snow is discontinued, which makes me kind of sad because I really like the size i.e. for my live setup in conjunction with elektron gear.
    I´d like to know and I´m sure other Snow owners too, if we could just get an official statement about the further Software-Support for the Snow, to use the Virus TI Snow Control-Plugin in later OS (Win or Mac)?
    Don´t expect any more features, being realistic because it oly has one DSP-Chip. But after updating to the latest beta my issues with some creepy noise when used in ableton are almost gone (as often read in this board especially about the Snow).
    So I´m okay with the features but I´really like to know word from Access Music/ Kemper about the future support of the Snow?
    Hope for a kind of comforting anwser, though I know there always some trouble a lot of work for the programmers to convert the TI-SW with the Snow at least I´ve read it oftentimes ;)
    The TI Snow is really one of a kind Synthesizer and I got a big smile in my face, when I think of the `good old` times when it was introduced in 2008.
    Always was intrigued by this little motherf... but couldn´t afford one till last year respectively bought other stuff. Don´t wanna complain, because I bought an used one, if I would have bought it new I would be pissed more. Sure, but this can always happen.
    Anyway I´d really like to keep and use it for a long time to come.
    Long live the Access Virus TI Snow! Thanks and Peace,Comandante

Hi,just read that the TI Snow is discontinued, makes me kind of sad because I really like the size i.e. for live setups.
    Hope at least software-support will be continued. Common Access, I just want to run my TI Snow Plug-In in further Win OS! Anyway that´s a question for another thread.
    What I`d like to know here is if anybody can recommand a safe but compact bag for the TI Snow?
    I mean not like the original logstoff bag which I don´t own anyway, maybe it fits to somthing from Magma or UDG.
    Got to say I live in Germany, so it would be cool I could buy a bag over here.Thanks in advance for any tips!
    Peace,Comandante

If you mean dubtechno, this guy has some nice sounddesign-videos with the Virus TI Snow on his site:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/atabeylive/videos
    such as

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Hello Virus-community!
    After years lusting for a Virus TI Snow I finally got one secondhand and thus far I´m totally happy with it.
    Beside the TI-side of it, I also plan to sequence it with my elektron Octatrack as part of my live-rig, therefore I got a question.
    I already checked both manuals but couldn´t find the answer:

How could I set up the Midi-Channels in Sequencer Mode?

I only found it for the Multi-Mode, but don´t want to loose an extra Midi-Track in the Octatrack just just for sending programchanges to the Global-Channel in order to change Multis.
    I´d rather like to change the parts themthelves on their relative Midi-Channels. Setup should be like Global-Channel=Ch.10, Part 1=Ch.11, Part 2=Ch.12, Part 3=Ch.13, Part 14=Ch.14.
    So I´d really like to know, if it´s possible to set it up like mentioned above in Sequencer-Mode or do I have to use the Multi-Mode for my planned purposes?
    Thanks in advance!