Beiträge von ToniFernandez

Hi there,

I have a Virus Polar TI2 and many hardware synths and rack FX, such as Korg DW8000, Yamaha TX802, DX7, Roland D50, Lexicon PCM 70 Reverb, TC2290 Reverb.

I bought a MOTU midi express XT to connect all of this synths. I have a Macbook pro where the MOTU would be connected. But I also have a pc with SoundDiver, that I plan to connect to a midi in/midi out of the MOTU to program the different synths. But I'd also like to be able to program the synths with real knobs and not just a mouse with Sound diver.Originally, I was thinking in the Behringer BCR2000 but then I thought about the TI2 POLAR to use it as a hardware controller/programmer

I wonder if I can use the access polar as a programmer for the synths and rack fx. If so, I don't know how I'd assign each know to the different functions of each synth and racks.

Is this possible to do, and if so any hint on how to do it would be great.

Many thanks!

Hi, Being a VIRUS TI2 owner I have used the Virus control with my daw. The best setup I've found to avoid clicks and synch issues was to connect the audio in outs and send the sound throw the virus outputs, whilst the midi info is sent by USB. I think the the main issue is caused by the USB, being a port that is shared in the computer with so many other devices (I am connecting mine directly to the computer, without hubs, and with a good quality usb cable)

I wonder if it would be possible to control the TI application only by midi cables, instead of having to connect it via usb. If its not possible, I wonder why? Every existing VST can be controlled by midi cables. Midi data from the virus to the pc (control app) and from the pc to the virus could be transfered via midi cables....

Thanks

Hi DjKeys!

How are you finding the Prophet 6 with the Virus? I also own a prophet 6 and a VIRUS TI2 polar, would like to know your opinions on how both synths work/complement sonically together! Thanks!!

Thanks Daksha! I've been away for some days due to Christmas family time but here I am again.

ok this is what I did, it works ok but I don't know if there is an easier or more straight forward way to do it:

I created a group track and an audio track
    On the Virus TI vst track I assigned the destination to the group channel.
    On the audio channel I assigned the input to the group track, and the output to the master out.

And that is how I got it working! If theres an easier way to do this please feel free to let me know :)

Thanks!!

ok, after a couple of hours of trying and reading stuff I got some "kind of solutions"

To bounce audio it has to be done in real time, otherwise the audio bounce will be silence.

But I still wonder how to create an audio track out of a midi track. My TI2 is connected through USB (Sending midi and audio to my mac) and I can't still figure out how to create one midi track into an audio track, to save some CPU to the virus TI2

and I would still like to know if its possible to use the TI2 USB to send audio to my sound card (M audio Fast track C600) without having to open the Access control or cubase.

THANKS!!

Hi guys!

I bought a TI2 polar last week and by setting it up I have some questions that I couldn't find the answers anywhere!

1) Send audio over USB. I have it connected it with the USB to the sound card. But it only sounds when I open Cubase 8 and then create a TI instrument track. Otherwise it doesn't sound. Is there a way I can send audio with the USB port without running the VST/cubase? I mean, not having to open cubase to hear what I am playing....

2) how do I record the audio with the Virus TI application? This is what I am doing: I create an instrument track for the virus application in Cubase. I then create different midi channels that I assign to the 16 midi channels of the virus app. Whenever I record, they are all midi information. How do I convert those tracks to audio? I just can't seem to be able to do it. any help will be very appreciated! I am trying to understand the best way to use the Total integration! I am not using the TI2 as a sound card, the sound card in cubase is my main sound card. I want to use other synths that are connected to that sound card and to listen through the main speakers that are connected to the sound card. (I don't really know what are the advantages of using the TI2 as a soundcard)

Thank you so much guys! I am loving the TI2 and I am aware it will require some effort to make it fully work and fully understand it!

Hi Guys,

I bought a TI2 polar a couple of days ago. First I tried it with headphones, going through the patches. I noticed that the output level wasn't very high at max volume. As an example, at 50% it does feel really soft.

At first I thought this could be an issue with the headphones output, so I connected it to the computer via USB and installed the Software Suite. When sending audio the input levels coming from the soundcard are quite low at max volumen, the loudest Ive found through all the patches was around -13Db. Is this an issue with my unit, or something I'm doing wrong?

Any help, thoughts or experiences would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

EDIT: SORTED, had to adjust Patch volume from the edit menu!