Beiträge von Hoopla

So I just got home and compared the TI2 interface track counts to my old Zoom H6 which supports up to 2048 buffer. I set up a session at 44.1/16 with multiple ridiculous Serum tracks each with 34 waves, 6 unison, reverb, delay, simple multiband compression, high-cpu multi band compression, tube compression, and a granular reverb on each. Oh, and 4 voice polyphony. The Virus crackled negligibly a couple times at 17 but could pull 18 with crackles, while the ZOOM was clean up until 17 and actually crackled, went silent, and malfunctioned at 18. I can pass this difference up to a simple trade-off in optimizations. The funny thing, is that experiment showed when my Cubase performance meter says it's at max, it is nowhere near max. So on my album that I'm working on, I can expect to have at least double the max on the meter.

My scientific method has shown that 512 on the TI2 equals that of a higher buffer size on another interface. This likely means higher quality buffer processing. I'd still like some feedback on high quality standalone interfaces like UAD, and if it's a worthwhile companion to enhance the Virus production experience.

Hey all,
    I'm running Virus Ti2 with Serum, EWQLSO, and a number of other big programs. I used to be Reason exclusive and never had a problem with CPU. Now I'm working on an album in Cubase and my CPU is starting to get pretty high up after just 20 realtime synth tracks. I have the Virus TI2 as my audio card, set to 512 buffer size. I am wondering if another audio card like the Apollo Twin USB DUO would help mitigate overload by providing a higher buffer size, or if that wouldn't have any effect. I have only ever owned a couple of audio interfaces so I am not sure.

The reason I ask, is because I am using a home built PC with specifications as follows:
    i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    16GB DDR4 2600
    512GB SSD

Let me know what you all think. Obviously I can live with 20 realtime tracks and freezing them as I go, but the more the merrier.

Cheers :huh:

-Trenton

I'm new to the Virus, so bear with me if I'm completely wrong but.... it sounds to me as if Common > Initial Phase is set differently for the two takes: The Live take sounds as if Initial Phase is Off, and the other take as if it is set to some value.

Changing phase from 127 to Off seems to have fixed it! Thanks a million. /thread

Cvery connection-related issue I have had has been related to my USB ports being shot or not supplying enough power. Trying different ports, installing a new USB PCI card, getting a new powered USB hub, or calling a technician is the only solution from what I've seen.

Greetings. I am having a bit of trouble from a sound design perspective with my TI2 on v5.1.1.0 and Cubase 8.5 Pro, Windows 10 Intel i7 PC, utilizing the Virus ASIO drivers and others. When I play in Live w/ my Virus, the sound is smoother with less harsh mids and highs. When I sequence and play-back without Live mode enabled, I get rigid transients and harsh tone. This variation in tone simply will not match my workflow. I have linked some samples at the bottom of this post.

This patch contains a simple Sine 1st oscillator and a harmonic 2nd oscillator. Unison at 5 voices, ring mod at max. Slight filter and amp attack, with short decay. Filter is LP and BS with Light saturation. No LFO's are synced. Matrix is off. Arp is off. Analog boost, Soft Bounce, Phaser, Vowel, and EQ are enabled. Reverb is Small Room. Parameters being sent to USB 1, no effects.

I have tried changing drivers, adjusting sample rate and clock source, changing parameters, disabling things in my signal chain, crying, screaming, and drinking rum. Again, please listen to the demos below and help me figure out what's going on! It seems Cubase and TI2 are not communicating effectively, and I'm not sure who is to blame.

soundcloud.com/trentonabbott/tilive01/s-8Zm7H Live Mode, smoothed out.https://soundcloud.com/trentonabbott/tilive01/s-8Zm7H

soundcloud.com/trentonabbott/tinonlive01/s-eNZmd Sequenced without Live mode enabled, gritty and dissimilar tone, almost like different patch parameters entirely.

Thanks for your help

-Trenton
    https://soundcloud.com/trentonabbott/tilive01/s-8Zm7H

Greetings.

I'm having a bit of trouble with matrix modulation. I would like to have an envelope sending inversely to my Reverb Send, so as to create a Reverb swell when the note is let go. When I program this in the matrix (Envelope3 > (-64)Reverb Send)), no modulation of the Reverb Send effect occurs. Does anyone know why, and some workarounds for this?

Cheers,

H ?(