Beiträge von pipedwho

Are you saying it might have something to do with the volume of one patch suddenly changing the end of the note causing the pop, or the volume knob itself?

The volume knob is smooth and doesn't crackle or anything, so I don't think it's that - and I'm not playing with any of the knobs when this happens. The popping is isolated to complex patches, so I was hoping it was a simple fix by avoiding some combination of options that may exacerbate the issue.

Some sounds that the Virus seems to be missing in the enormous bank of patches that I'd like to see are:

A few engine sound effects (helicopter, engine revving, stream train)
    More nature sounds (dripping water, waves crashing, thunder crash, light rain, light wind through the trees)
    A few didgeridoo drones without the over-the-top distortion and other effects
    Pan flutes
    A few light/wispy string style pads that sit well in the background without taking focus from the main instruments (not everything the Virus needs to be 'phat')
    More single patches designed to sit well together as part of a multi - especially for backing pads in relaxation or worship music (eg. birds + drone + strings + cello/oboe/flute lead)

Not sure if it's something I'm doing, or maybe the patches are too complex. But, every now and then the virus will pop when playing a complex patch. It usually happens soon after changing patches, but can happen even on complex patches if too many notes being played. It sounds like the pop/glitch happens prior to the reverb effect, as the resultant noise has the reverb of my pad applied to it. Sounds kind of like someone clapping their hands in a deep cavern.

This is with the Virus keyboard running completely standalone (ie. nothing to do with USB/TI DAW or midi).

Maybe my pads just too complex, although I've heard similar occasional artefacts when listening to the Pads X Heaven Vol.1 demo on Youtube.

Is this just the audible result of 'note-stealing' when changing between single patches, or is it something else (maybe a hardware issue)?