Beiträge von CeeHigh

I'm confused when it comes to turning local on and off using the Indigo 1 & Indigo 2 keyboard synths, when they are acting as your Master Keyboard Controller for playing other modules & soft synths.

I know that you'd want to turn local off so the "synth" part of the Indigo Virus won't trigger along with whatever external module/soft synth is sharing the same MIDI channel.

But can you turn Local Off for individual patches or parts, or is it a "global" setting only & and you'd have to menu dive to turn it on & off each time?

Example of what I'd like to have happen (is this possible?):

MIDI channel 1 -> Virus controlling external module #1 only (virus local off for this patch/channel 1, so I hit a Virus key and it plays the correct external module ONLY)

MIDI channel 2 -> Virus controlling its own patch #1 (local on and nothing else but the virus set to channel 2, so I hit a Virus key and it plays the Virus patch ONLY)

MIDI channel 3 -> Virus controlling external module #2 only (virus local off for this patch/channel 3, so I hit a Virus key and it plays the correct external module ONLY)

MIDI channel 4 -> Virus controlling its own patch #2 (local on and nothing else but the virus set to channel 4, so I hit a Virus key and it plays the Virus patch ONLY)

FL Studio 11 as main sequencer, running on Windows 7.

Will a USB MIDI Interface, such as the MOTU Micro Lite, allow me to use the Indigo 2 as master keyboard for software synths (sylenth, lush101) at the same time with hardware modules plugged into the physical ports on the MOTU? (Volca FM, JP 8080)

I'm planning on building songs up using MIDI only, then once it's composed, multitrack all my audio with a Mackie Onyx in another DAW.

Is the below possible?:
    -Record MIDI pattern of a patch created within the Indigo on MIDI Ch.8 into FL Studio.
    -Have this MIDI pattern loop inside FL Studio 11.
    -While previous pattern is looping, use the Indigo to trigger a patch from my hardware Korg Volca FM on MIDI Ch.6 into a separate track in FL Studio.
    -While these previous 2 patterns are still on loop and playing in the background, use the Indigo to trigger a patch from Sylenth into another separate track in FL Studio.

Would it be better to do this way or get a USB MIDI Controller instead (like an Akai MPK249)?

I'd like to use an MPC 1000 to MIDI sequence my gear.

For instance, sequence an Indigo 2 lead on MPC track 1. Then, sequence an Indigo 2 pad on MPC track 2 and have them both playing together, and so on, etc.

Well I think the above is easy enough to get going, but my question is about using the Indigo 2 as it's own synth (as mentioned above), while also being able to act as a MIDI Keyboard to playback a module (in my case the Roland Boutique JU-06).

Would I be able to sequence, for instance, those two parts from the Indigo 2 itself (see above) and then sequence a JU-06 arp on the MPC using the Indigo 2 as the controller and have all 3 sequences playing together at the same time?