Beiträge von joshuadav

I agree with you watuse. For sure. I've listened to the blofeld synth and I'm not convinced it's a quality piece of gear yet. Not a Virus competitor. The sound is no where near to Access in terms of quality.

If Access Music adds at least 8 multi timbral parts to the Snow, I'd highly consider it. But I'm going to go with a Slim Phatty for the time being. It may also be limited in its own way, but at least it's 100% analogue and GREAT sounding as well. Access, please listen to your customers. I've gotten both companies I've worked for to supply me with a Virus and I'm a big supporter. This is a very practical thing to ask for and include in your product.

I could not agree with you 100 percent for real, but if you saw my video the damn virus with all the polyphony power being eat up and only 3 instances is able to play decently by keeping the quality of the sound even though it has to be eating away by the others.

I think you're misunderstanding what this whole thread is about. It's not about voices or polyphony. We're discussing an inherent workflow issue on the Snow. Having access to more than 4 channels of MIDI would prevent users from having to deal with saving out patches, erasing automation, or having to render MIDI to audio frequently. If I have to mute a channel to free up voices so I can continue writing and allowing inspiration to flow, it's a lot easier than having to break from that moment of inspiration and creativity to bounce out audio when I may not be ready, or replace automation on that channel.. Having those sorts of limitations can slow down creative workflow.

Now if there is a workaround or something that I'm unfamiliar with, I'm open to hearing about it. But so far, the only solution I'm seeing is 'buy the ti2 desktop.'

I use a Virus ti2 desktop at work and I love it. For sound design and music production, it's my favorite tool in the box. I was planning on getting an Access Virus Snow for home myself, but due to the 4 channel MIDI limitation, I am not anymore. I'm very disappointed to see that the representation from Access on this thread implying that the Snow's 4 channel MIDI was designed as to upsell to a version that's over a grand more in cost. Really? For a digital hardware synth, I find it a bit of a shame that Access would do this because we're only asking for Access to broaden the ability to improve the workflow of the synth and the TI control VST, not add more voices or performance enhancements. If I could have 16 MIDI channels, even 8, it would prevent the Snow from being a headache to use.

Because of the Snow's 4 MIDI channels, I've decided I'm most likely going to grab the Moog Slim Phatty instead for the sake of getting something truly analogue. Access just lost me as a customer for the Snow. I'm with Straius on this, what is the point of the Snow for customers if it's only designed to upsell to the desktop? $1200+ is still a lot of money for a synth these days and people want 2011 functionality for their dollar in something as cutting edge as the Virus. 4 channel MIDI = not very 2011 for a digital hardware synth in my opinion. I'd love to see Access follow up on our concerns and improve this aspect of the Snow. I think it'd be a great, bang for the buck synth that Access and its customers could be even more proud of.