Beiträge von mintarinan

I love my Virus TI very much ... very, very much ... And I really do appreciate that access continues to add in cool new features ...

However, I think I would trade every new feature since the original OS for a reliable, solid sync between my Virus TI, using the 32 Bit VST2 Virus Control w/ Ableton Live 8 ... although, that last bit of information seems kind of pointless, as I have had this problem for the two years I've had my TI, in all the various and many incarnations of my software setups and computer changes ... Windows XP ... Vista ... Vista 64 ... Windows 7 .... FLStudio ... Ableton 7, Ableton 8 ... Intel Machine, AMD Machine .... Heck, I even got so desperate that I tried the 64 bit version of the Virus Control VST in Sonar. Alas, the Virus TI has always responded to midi notes unpredictably, and never in solid sync with the host sequencer. To make the situation even more frustrating, even the lack of sync is itself not in sync ... What do I mean by that? Well, it has never been a matter of, say, adjusting my sequencer to handle XXX ms/samples of latency - this assumes that the issue deals with a static number. To the contrary, the TI's lack of sync is confoundingly jerky. Every attempt at making a measurement of the timing gaps always show the same thing - total inconsistancy. 11ms here, 7 ms there, 9 ms here ...

Can we admit that there is obviously some kind of fundamental problem here and find a way to fix it? That's all I want to see for OS Version 5. That is my dream.

Thank You,

Mike