Beiträge von ozon

S/PDIF is a digital connection. The digital signal goes unchanged from your Virus into your soundcard, to the computer, into your DAW and to the audio file. So there's no need for D/A (in the synth) and A/D (in the soundcard) conversion, and therefore no loss will occur.

For best results you have to make sure all your components use the same sample rate.

Couple of things to consider (if you haven't already):

• How is your controller keyboard connected? USB or MIDI?
    • If connected via USB to the computer: Is the routing in your DAW or MIDI routing application correct?
    • If connected via MIDI: What are the global MIDI channel settings on the controller and on your Virus
    • Also, if you connect via MIDI, is your Virus still attached to USB? If yes, try unplug the USB cable
    • Is the Virus in Single or Multi Mode? If Multi-Mode, there are settings of each part that impact how it reacts to incoming MIDI notes

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's a great pleasure to know that some of my contributions were helpful to some of you.

However, I'm a bit embarrassed that I'm mentioned so prominently. If it wasn't for the many phantastic forum members who were actively offering great help and share knowledge many years before I even knew about the Virus, I wouldn't be where I am today.

In fact, every one of you has already helped me in some way, and if only by putting up a question. Because questions make you think and thinking leads to new ideas, eventually.

So, this should actually be A big Thank You to everyone who actively contributed and contributes to this forum!

please can anyone help,,, solve this problem

If you start a new thread, with a proper title, and do a full description of your problem and of your setup, then maybe somebody is able to actually help you. Until now, you haven't given a lot of information, except that you have a lot of other gear, bought a Snow two years ago, hear audible clipping, have updated your OS and are unhappy.

There's no clue how your setup is, what computer platform you're working in, what DAW you're using.

or could be its not getting enough power from USB because the battery shows low on the hardware display ....

what do you mean by that? What indicator? And do you have the power supply of the Snow connected?

but why is this Ti Snow is so complicated ... Can be easy like other Maschine ...

The Virus TI is a very powerful synth. And all those other hardware products don't offer Total Integration. It's like saying «I had a VW and a Ford and a BMW and a Citroen, and they all are easy to handle. So why do I have such a hard time driving my Ferrari?»

Way cool!

Tried the Comb Filter trick and it works really well. You can even put the Filterbank mix on a Soft Knob or automate it to get additional spacial movement.

isn't that a bit academic? of course, if you remove the part which holds the serial number and replace it you need to look at the part which you've just replaced. we do not ship Virus Desktops with pre-installed mounting kits.

It's not academic if you bought your Virus TI2 Desktop second hand and it comes with the rack mount kit. Most buyers won't know that the SNR isn't available and most sellers will probably not think of that fact anymore or even have lost the original floor shell. I just thought it's a bit of information that could be helpful with second hand units.

(or not at all, if it's a TI2 Desktop with a rack mount kit)

AFAIR, you can also see the serial number in the Virus Control Center software.
    (and it's used as a directory name in the preferences for VCC and VC, but to find that is more for the geeky geeks...)

My Darkstar came with a printed and nicely written Quickstart-Guide. That's fine for hooking it up and play the first patches, but afterwards it's getting a little manual-confusing where and which PDF to go on, as the online Tutorials and Setup Guides are not well organized and not always the newest.

True. And that was my main gripe at the beginning as well. It helps to not use every mode and aspect of the Virus (TI) at once but focus on a certain aspect and reading as much as you can about that in those manuals. For example, did I only the Virus as a standalone synth for a couple of weeks before I tried to use the Virtual Control plugin from within Cubase.

Also, if you have a problem, search this forum. You'll most probably find a couple of helpful threads which cover your questions. I think just recently, Marc posted new song templates for Logic on here. And you can always contact Access Music.

But as soon as the USB-Link is established (MacBook Pro OsX10.9), the Unit switches to "Local Off", even if no application is active. Is there a way to leave Local On while connecting the device via USB without switching it back on in Config Menu at the Unit.

Unfortunately not, AFAIK.

For your other question, I know it's pretty easy to get your routing right using the NI Komplete Audio/Midi interface and the Virus in Cubase and Mainstage. Everything shows up automatically in the Mac Audio Midi Setup app. Shouldn't be much different for Logic

from the Virus Control Tutorial, page 14:

Zitat von Virus Control Tutorial

How to make new libraries

• In the Virus TI/Patches folder, create a new folder called ‘MyPatches’
    • Copy/Paste the le ‘My Patches.mid’ to this folder
    • Rename the copy e.g. ‘My Patches 1.mid’
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as required, incrementing the version number each time
    • Use VirusControl to delete the patches in the additional copies.

I created quite a lot of VC user libraries (ROM Favorites, Pads, Leads, Basses) and just copy a preset into them if I like it. This method results in a lot of preset shuffling, though.

But I always wondered about the intention behind the "Favorites" category, if used on a (ROM centric) hardware.
    Also, I wonder how to properly use the category browsing on the hardware...