Beiträge von Aether

VC worked fine since I use PT|HD, and replied last time in this thread.
    But the update 4.0.2.01 is workds not 100% when I set 2 or more cores for RTAS processing.
    Please fix this bug, this is not confident of what Pro Tools stands for.

Note: I will update to 4.05.01 and post the results in the few next days.

Hello

I've been recently using PT HD. The recently playback engine should be fixed, but USB audiostream freezes and no sound comes out anymore.
    Just by pressing " play " or enter the system menu " Playback Engine " in PT will help.
    This is really annoying in recording and bouncing situations... Is this a bug or I am wrong?

LE works proper in this case.

tested with different buffer and voice sizes, 1 processor, etc.
    RTAS usage: 8% (~ 16% peak)
    PCI usage: ~ 20%
    HD 8.0.3cs2
    TIOS tested 3.35.02 / 4.0.0.18 / 4.0.2.01

Access - Virus Control is still not able to sync proper to ProTools LE systems after patching to the new beta.
    That means hyperthreading is not the problem.

By playing a lot of notes virus will get some lags, klicks and pops in every case.
    This problem especialy occurs by playingback ARP patches.

back to the thread.

latency is not DAW specific but every hardware generate some delay, known as H/W buffer size.
    Access is trying to implement the virus (VC+hardware) thru the RTAS engine which is not possible to sync with ProTools LE.

PT HD is different by syncing to RTAS engine, because there is a seperate bus to compensate latency under 4095 samples with a delay in each channel.
    You can do this by your own and put a short, medium or long latency plugin in your inserts. This will compensate the delay of all your tracks to the virus latency.
    But still... this will not change the clock code of your virus in LE - and this is strange. This is the point where problems and endless questions starts.

Maybe Avid devloped the RTAS engine like that to prevent connections of other audio interfaces.
    My theory is that just this one bus is able to sync accurate with virus instead. (PT HD only)
    I'm not a RTAS coder, so you have to ask the guys from Access and Avid.

I hope you get it this time.

All right., here it is...

The sound is just out of time caused of a sync issue between the RTAS engine and the VirusControl plugin.
    There is no phase accuracy , and of course no sync when the host is not able to compensate the delay of the VC RTAS plugin/hardware at the same time.
    Slaving to the host seems to be a problem for the whole hardware with RTAS. Virus is trying to get time or sync informations, but it loses it's communication to host.
    Im my expirience just by playing a lot of notes, especialy ARPs.

It's not a secret anymore: the RTAS plug VC is not working 100% for LE systems - thats fact.
    Maybe this isn't patchable by Access or they can't see thru the RTAS engine to sync,
    in either case Access would try to solve this.

Now I use PT HD and the most sync issues are gone - Not perfect but still really smooth.
    I'm really happy now with ARPs and sync accuracy.

Really have no idea what was that... MIDI and polyphonic works porper now.

But the audiostream of VC loses connection to PT like a freeze/pause now. This happens circa after 5 minutes.
    So, if i reload the Virus in the same insert I can hear the rest of the audiostream, like I press the play button...

Hello

Today I updated my system from LE to HD, and this is a big surprise!
    The delay and sync issues in LE are really past but...

I can't play my Virus TI polyphonic, it sounds like the note off is triggered by a note on - what's going on?

PT HD 8.0.3 CS2, TIOS 4.0.0.18

Thanks for your helpful thread.

It's the policy of Avid (before Digidesign) to allow some important things like delay compensation just in PT HD.
    Thats why RTAS does not work propper in LE.

I agree with you that the latency is handable with a delay plugin - But ARPs won't sync after all.
    It seems the internal clock and the LE clock are not in sync.

hanging notes are rare, but sometimes this happens... thats how MIDI works.
    you can reset incoming notes while pressing two buttons on your virus: MONO+SYNC

Whats your problem with windows 7 and PT LE?

Now I've watched your video. Instead of resetting the driver with the "reset" button, select another driver, and then go back to your prefered driver again - Step by step.
    Sometimes you have to do this 3 or 4 times until this works.

In my expirience with Cubase 4 I have to reset the driver sometimes, caused of a sync issue (timing, fine tuning).
    But if I reset the ASIO driver completely, Virus works beautiful.