Beiträge von TheTimster

My TI had to go back after a month as there was a fault with the main DSP board, the filters would open up to max at random, not good when playing a mellow pad live!!!!

It took numerous e-mails to access support to get them to agree/admit that there was problem with the unit itself and not my computer (brand new Mac Pro) DAW (Logic) and interface (MOTU Firewire).

Once it got there (at the UK seller's expense) the repair company in Germany (not Access themselves) actually called me as they couldn't replicate the fault. This was because Access had failed to inform them of all the details. Eventually, the DSP was replaced and the unit returned. The fault has not re-occurred, but I wish it would syncronise properly...but that's another thread lol!

Hi,

First off, when you open the virus in Logic select the Multi Option.

When the channel strip has been created add two aux channels by clicking the plus button.

In Virus control, go to the Common page and select USB Output Land R, 1 2 or 3 relevant the the Virus part you want to assign to the output.

Finally in Logic click on the I/O button on the first aux strip and ithere should be an input option, it comes up as 2 on my version, click this and it should then say Virus 3-4 click this and that is the 2nd input set. DO the same on the 3rd channel strip but select 5-6 and that should be it.

For future reference, Virus Support can help with these types of query and are normally very quick to repond.
    Kind Regards

Tim Hughes

Hi,

I have just had the same system overload message come up in Logic that Vas Floyd has experienced, First time I have ever seen it though.

The project it occurred in is not all that complex, just midi, no audio.

Am running latest VC version on MAC Pro 10Gb RAM via Motu 828 MK3.
    Kind Regards.

ah that old chesnut!

I too have run the update and all seemed fine until last might when the poor old thing went bananas for a while then got it's act together 16 bars later. Ran the track again and it was ok, until next time perhaps. I noticed that in the list of changes for 4.05 one was listed as 'partially re-written synchronisation engine' or words to that effect.

Regards

Tim Hughes

I wonder if those of you who think that the Virus is perfect actually use it that often, or indeed know how to.

And to the gentleman who thinks that Korg have been 'repackaging the same crap for years' has he used any of their equipment or Roland's or Yamaha's? Oddly, their stuff works fine after 30 odd years of use when it was groundbreaking crap and will continue to do so. My Virus went back to Germany a month after purchase as the CPU was faulty. Don't get me wrong, the Virus YI is an excellent concept but I would have thought that fter having been in production for five years some of the fundamental problems which keep manifesting themselves would have been resolved by now.

Regards

Hi

The sync error occurs at random when the arpeggiator line kicks in on one of my tracks and recently has started occuring on other projects. I can't pin it down to any particular reason. Also I don't always get the sync error message. It only appears to be the Arp timing which doesn't lock to tempo, LFOs and delays appear to be ok, If it helps, the tempi of the projects are all around the 127 bpm region

Kind Regards

Hello Marc,

The sync errors occur just using the virus in isolation in Logic. There is no audio streaming clogging things up so to speak. Are there any sync options within Logic which need to be altered to address this problem? I notice that you are using Logic 9. Has the sync accuracy been improved in this new version?

Kind Regards.

p.s My Mac Pro is Mid 2008

If it's not a cross platform then why are there posts on here from Ableton users Logic users PC Mac blah blah? What makes it frustrating is the unpredictability of the 'unsyncing' so to speak, when it works it is excellent, nothing else like it. But ultimately, if it is a problem is with the inadequacies with USB can this be clarified once and for all? If so, would it be the better option to use the sequencer / arpeggiators etc in soft synth plug ins, which from my experience, stay in sync?

Mac Pro,
    TI Keyboard
    Logic 8

Regards

Hi,

This problem does appear to be cross platform. My original understanding was that Logic was the main culprit. Obviously not the case and there seems to be an unwillingness to address the issue. I quite agree that getting the fundamentals of the operating system right would be far more beneficial than new features!!! How many types of distortion does one need anyway!

Hi

I think the only option is to use the USB outputs, which are limited to say the least. An associate of mine tried what you are doing without success, although I haven't myself, WIll give it a go later and see what happens. I don't know about you but I am less than impressed with the TI's performance in Logic anyway!!!

All the best

Tim Hughes

Hi,

this was one of the first things I tried, assigning a soft knob to the vowel knob. It didn't work, it does if mod wheel is assigned or arp to matrix etc. Sent message to Access and they think it could be a bug or something overlooked.

regards

Tim Hughes

Hello,

I also have this problem, have just installed version 4 and it still occurs, I thought that Logic 9 might be better, but that does not appear to be the case, I also find that the problem doesn't happen all the time, which makes it harder to identify the fault, which has been around for ages or so it seems. I have spoken to other users with a similar problem

I was wondering if it is necessary yo make some changes in Logic itself. Does anybody have any ideas?

Tim Hughes

Yes, if you have the money, nothing else comes close. I am thinking of getting a TI2 to go with the TI, hopefully there will be a better way of managing the two in Logic and the sync problem gets sorted. Other than this there is nothing else that can touch it and it is a lot more versatile than a V synth for example, which I was also considering.

I am sure you will choose wisely!