Beiträge von RimantasB

Several things I'm curious about...

What is the logic behind switching off the local keyboard when using Virus Control? Why is it "not recommended"?

I do like having the keyboard on my Virus TI Keyboard available for inputting notes to the DAW. Am I thinking wrong somehow? Is this somehow against the designated purpose of the Virus TI?

A more serious question; I greatly prefer to record knob movements as MIDI signals and not as plugin parameter automation in the DAW. Is there a way to do this while using Virus Control? I do like the timing of the VC better than when I use MIDI+SPDIF (maybe the MIDI clock on my interface sucks or something), but dealing with automation envelopes at the scale involving Virust TI seems a daunting task in my DAW (Reaper; I know it's "unsupported", but the Reaper+TI combo works just fine for me so far).

It looks like the problem is gone.

The cause of the issue was that, for some reason (perhaps vibrations during transportation) the ribbon cables, linking the keyboard to the main board, got disconnected.

Using a Youtube video as a guide, I very easily managed to open the synth and find the loose cables. There are 3 cables going to.the keyboard; they have identical connectors and therefore can be connected erroneously; the arrangement that worked for me was geometrical (the leftmost cable from tue board goes to the leftmost connector below the keyboard, etc.)

Haven't had much time to test it, but at first glance the keyboard seems to work great.

Thanks everyone for ideas.

Marc, thanks for the info.
    I am aware that opening the synth would make me lose warranty, but as I bought it used, I'm quite sure don't have any warranty to lose.
    I may be willing to send it to Access for repair, but it would be nice to first check if it's something as simple as a ribbon cable popped out of the connector...
    Still awaiting answer from Access support. Is it reasonable to expect some news from them in, say, a week? It would be great to hear from them before the time during which I can return the synth to the seller expires.

Actually, I just noticed that when I pick the synth up and gently shake it, I can feel/hear there is something loose inside. Is this normal? (I bet not :D)
    I know the manual says „don't open the synth", but I feel rather tempted to at least take a peak inside and see if it's just a loose keyboard cable inside... haven't done that yet, so :D

The keyboard does not work regardless of the USB connection.
    And yes, it would be cool if this was a „Local Keyboard Off" issue, but there is no such setting.in the menu.

So does it mean that when the keyboard is disconnected, the Virus simply thinks it's a non-keyboard model and does not show any explicit error?

Hello everyone,

I have a Virus TI Keboard, which happens not to react to its own keyboard.
    What I have checked so far:
    - the Virus successfully connects to my DAW
    - the Virus can be played without problem by external MIDI input
    so, the "synth" part of the synth seems to be working fine.

Extremely stupid:
    - the config menu does not show the keyboard-related menu items
    - the LCD on the Virus does not show the "note" sign when I play the on-board keyboard

It looks as if the device has an "Identity crisis" and considers itself to be a Desktop version instead of a keyboard one :D (not true, actually - Virus Control Center shows it as a Keyboard model)
    Any help?
    What else could I check to see if it's some simple software issue?