Beiträge von circuit_damage

I believe that this has already been mentioned and it is something that will be sorted out fairly soon...

Hi AtonyB, I know it's been mentioned before, but where did you hear that it "will be sorted out fairly soon?" I hope it will. :)

How do i edit a post after iv'e submitted one i cant find any tab to click on, i have Javascript enabled.

Apparently you cannot. This is a requested settings change though--I don't know why it isn't allowed already. ;)

Please Access (Marc)... please? :)

What you're describing sounds nearly EXACTLY like what I'm getting with my new Virus TI2 Polar. I've been dialoging with support and they are now coming to the conclusion that there is an issue with the unit itself.

BTW, I have a completely different setup to yours (Mac OS X 10.5, Logic 8/9). I'd definitely recommend contacting support.

try using an analogue stomp box, compressor or whatever you like bouncing offline. it won't work. as for the virus, even though it looks like it should, it doesn't and unfortunately, this will not change for technical reasons.

best, marc

Yeah, recently, I accidentally tried to bounce a mix offline which had an external reverb on it--the results were not what I was expecting and it took me a little while to figure out what went wrong. Needless to say I felt pretty stupid after I realized I did an offline bounce. :D

There is no freeze tracks problem, just solo the track and bounce it as audio when you want to freeze it and then mute the midi track. You don't need a fancy freeze button just to freeze a track.

If anything it's the DAWs that would have to change if you want freeze to work with the TI.

Exactly. And to add: It's not just a Virus thing. Very few (or no AFAIK... I really can't think of any) hardware synths can be bounced offline.

Hello,

You can write patches to the TI2 using VC. Just drag and drop a patch to whichever slot you want. If you put your new patches in the public patches folder (/Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches (on the Mac install)), they should show up in the "Public Libraries" section in the Virus Control's preset browser. Then, just drag and drop to a desired bank / slot (you can select multiple (a whole bank) of patches using the standard multi-selection keystrokes on your OS (shift click on Mac), and drag them to a bank to replace whole sections at a time.

HTH.

Hello everyone!

I've been a Virus fan for about 8 years and own or have owned at some point a Virus A, C, TI1 Desktop, Snow, and TI2 Polar.

We use Logic 8 (and lately 9), Mac OS X Leopard.

Some other synthesizers in our studio:

Roland V-Synth XT
    Roland JP-8000
    Alesis Micron
    Waldorf Blofeld
    Waldorf Microwave XT
    DSI Prophet 08
    DSI Mopho
    Several circuit bent devices... :)
    Others.......

And a boatload of AU instruments!

Anyway, I'm glad the Access forum is finally here! ;)

Another thing that occurred to me that makes me think the issues are software related: The problems do not always happen the same way--they happen differently at different times. For example, I don't always get the distortion, and I don't always get a crash after 2 minutes. Also, I never have these issues right when I turn on the Polar. It seems likely that if it was solely a hardware issue that it would happen pretty much right after booting the Virus... right?