Beiträge von Stache

best thing you can do is disconnect everything except the Virus for the moment, and get that running right and then reconnect the other gear one by one !
    Good luck :)

See here what he thinks about it :)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Well in my opinion a lot of people can complain this and that about Access, but most of these people seem to forget that Access has always provided a support for the virus that was second to none.
    This from day 1 back in 1997.
    And once the Virus TI hit the market back in mid 2000 the support and growth has been amazing for this unit.
    Take note that most hardware music oriented material drops in support after 2 or 3 years, this is a hard fact except for a small select few companies.
    Then more important, is that really most people here think Access (Kemper) is a giant company, and this is not correct as it's a company that is not huge but is very demanding on quality of the products they develop and construct.
    So when development and construction for one or more of their products has to be done to supply the retailers (their Amp or the Virus) ; this then is in my opinion always priority number one as smaller companies stand or fall by their sales, no sales would mean no Access anymore and then really no solutions in time.
    As you might have noticed Access is still selling a lot of Virus units, and the demand is not really going down as some really think.
    I follow a lot about synths and sales for it all over the internet and i can tell you that even the Snow is still very popular and people still want it.

I do realize very well what SIP is and does.
    But like most serious studio geeks that work full time in the studio we all use a Mac/PC that i uniquely used for the music and is not even really connected to the internet most of the time.
    So disabling SIP is really not a concern for me and for some others.

Carry on !
    I'm back in my studio, enjoying my TI's on Sierra.

My pleasure!
    Yesterday was day 2 testing with all my TI's and did not run into a single problem :)
    So the TI works perfect under Sierra just need to add a tiny bit of personal will to it and disable SIP.

I've found a MacOS Sierra FIX!

Updated to Sierra and i can confirm that it really does work

This should give the staff at Access some breathing space for the official driver.

I really don't understand some people here crying like little babies and
    moaning towards Mark and the other Access Staff members.

So in my opinion :

Either update to Sierra and disable SIP and enjoy your Virus to the fullest.

Or

Have patience and give the Access team some times to have the company
    come back to them for the official driver and use the Mystery Island
    Editor instead.

Anyway the disable SIP works flawlessly and i tested it with my Polar TI - Snow and my TI2 Desktop all day long.

I've found a MacOS Sierra FIX!

Updated to Sierra and i can confirm that it really does work :)
    This should give the staff at Access some breathing space for the official driver.

I really don't understand some people here crying like little babies and moaning towards Mark and the other Access Staff members.

So in my opinion :
    Or
    Have patience and give the Access team some times to have the company come back to them for the official driver and use the Mystery Island Editor instead.

Anyway the disable SIP works flawlessly and i tested it with my Polar TI - Snow and my TI2 Desktop all day long.

Updated to Sierra and i can confirm that it really does work :)

I really don't understand some people here crying like little babies and moaning towards Mark and the other Access Staff members.

So in my opinion :
    Or
    Have patience and give the Access team some times to have the company come back to them for the official driver and use the Mystery Island Editor instead.

The virus will never die at all.
    As long as you understand simple synthesis you will be able to keep it alive and continue to make new sounds that have the Virus edge to it.
    I think it has proven itself nice over the last 11 years and its good as is.
    Sure a OS update could be handy when it will be needed and if its really needed in time for certain OS updates on Mac or Windows then i'm positive the team behind virus will be there to arrange that the total integration part keeps working.

HI !

If you would check out a bit more the forum here and it's content; then i'm sure you would find a solution for your problem.
    I did also have some little issues, but by smart browsing the forum my TI Snow works like a charm.

Just use the search function or even better read as much as you can :)

You will learn do's and don't and you will learn a hell of a lot more than you ever could imagine.

Good luck !

:D