Beiträge von Vectorman

Absolutely, yes. Would be great to be able to have VC fill up most of the real estate on my second monitor when editing and have all the graphical elements look crystal clear at a large size.

I have to say my experience has been very largely positive too. I was anticipating a decent likelihood of problems and possibly having to use a 3rd party VST editor, since I'm not using an officially-supported DAW...but to my surprise, Virus Control is working very well in Reaper 4.x on Windows 8.1. With the LIVE button engaged, latency drops to 256 samples, which isn't super-tight but is usable for realtime playing. Maybe once out of every 10 or 20 times I launch a Reaper session with VC in it, VC will crash Reaper on startup, but no big deal - re-launch Reaper and off and running. Occasionally VC will crash Reaper when I select a patch category for searches in the patch browser. Other than those two things and the occasional sync error (which I expect many users see sometimes), it otherwise works great.

As long as we're in "say something nice for a change"mode, I'll also note that the Virus TI Keyboard has been the single most inspiring instrument I've ever owned. For a long time, I kind of wrote off hardware VA's as being passe in the era of increasingly better softsynths, but after using the TI for a couple of months, it's become my go-to synth. I think it still holds up impressively well in 2016 with a very musical, smooth sound - something that means a lot more in practical use than being able to draw your own wavetables and having 50-segment envelopes and being able to turn cat pictures into harmonic spectra.

The Virus really does pull off about the best imitation of the Synthex "Laser Harp" that I've heard. I got a half-decent one out of DCAM Cypher at one point, but the Virus patch that's been floating around for many years is better. It's one of those sounds that carries a lot of nostalgia for me since Rendezvous was an album I listened to over and over when I was a kid first becoming interested in synths.

The Snow that I bought second hand last month does the same thing (in standalone, not just TI mode). I generally run it in Single mode and it never does it with mono patches like basses or leads and seldom with patches that use lower amounts of DSP resources - it's usually with more DSP-hungry patches when polyphony is exceeded.

There was another thread from 3 or 4 years ago where a Snow purchaser had the same problem. When he contacted Access, their response was that frequent freezing was not normal behavior and was indicative of a hardware problem. He had it replaced and said the new unit did not exhibit this behavior. I had a Snow once before back in 2008 and it never did this either. In that same thread, another poster noted he had gone through three new TI2 Desktops and all of them were doing this as well (he finally just went with a used TI1).

If your warranty is still in effect, be persistent and get an answer before it expires. Not much I can do - mine was manufactured in 2015 but I'm not the original owner (who I gather must have just figured it was normal for a Virus to behave like this, otherwise you'd think they would have had it replaced under warranty rather than living with the issue and then passing it along to me).

I found the easiest way to route things in Reaper is to open the FX chain window for the track Virus Control is on, and under Options, select "build 16 channels of MIDI routing to this track" (and then disposing of the tracks for channels 5 through 16 that you don't need with the Snow). Then you determine which of the 4 parts in the Snow you're triggering just by which of the four MIDI tracks you arm for recording. Selecting a different part in the Virus Control GUI will let you edit the patch selected for that part or browse for a different patch to put on that part, but doesn't change which part you're triggering.