Beiträge von JLRoman

Hello! My virus crashes every time I use it at 44.1KHz, whether or not it is plugged into my computer. But if I adjust the "audio Clock" to Source: Internal, Frequency: 48.0 KHz works without problems.

If I set it to 44.1 KHz, it works a few seconds, but after a while it loses the sound, or it gets stuck with a shrill noise, and I have to turn it off and turn it on again. On many occasions during the blockage the rear light with the Access logo stops.

This happens to me whether I use it plugged into the computer or use it in standalone mode. From what I've seen it has nothing to do with the sound generation of the synth, the complexity of the patch ... etc, it is blocked even if I use the virus as a sound card to listen music from my computer.

But if I adjust it to 48.0 KHz it works without problems in standalone mode as well as in USB with the plugin. Some help? Thank you!

Chris you can try to duplicate successively until you have 300-400 midi files in the Virus user folder, then start the application. If it takes minutes to open, you have the same problem. I just did it, then I copied the same folder in the imac with hfs+ disk and what in APFS were minutes, in hfs+ take seconds. It's very weird.

ChrisCabbage with few libraries also open fast in APFS to me, the problem is when they are many (+200 midi files), in APFS it takes 5 minutes and in HFS + it takes 5 seconds to load (with the same number of libraries in the folder!). I do not know if the reason is for the APFS format, but for now it's the only difference I find. I have also tried the vst version and it has the same problem, it takes a long time to boot when there are many libraries on an APFS disk.

I have two imac, both with same versions of mac OS (10.13.2), same version of Logic Pro X, same version of the virus plugin (5.1.7), same number of patches (many...). The only difference is that one is in APFS and the other in HFS +, in APFS it takes 5 minutes to load the virus plugin, and in the HFS+ 5 seconds.