Beiträge von defrigge

end of January coming close:
    :?: TI OS 4.5 anywhere near?

I mean really near or still some weeks?
    A hint could spare me daily visits, looking forward to that nice vintage chorus I would like to reprogram into some patches.... :P

Really, really nice once more! :thumbup:

I guess, Access Music has a terrific supporter base meanwhile, after all these years of EXCELLENT customer relations.
    I certainly belong to those spreading the news about this fine synth and it's great support, whenever there is an opportunity!

Thank you very much!

try Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Display

there are a couple of settings. check if those are default values (100% for instance). i think there is something wrong in virus control and i has to do with the interpretation of those zoom values.

best, marc

That was it:

I'm running my Tablet PC at high resolution, but sized the display at 125% a long time ago, to have a better surface view at symbols etc. This setting was forgotten since the day it was done, because it never caused a problem.

Thanks for the hint, Marc, and sorry for wasting your time with a trivial OS question.

i would try to get to the bottom of the problem. it's nothing generic.

marc

I'm clueless at the moment:
    the TI plugin is the only one of my VSTis that is not displayed correctly.
    So while I'm willing to believe that it's nothing generic, I still don't see where I could start bug hunting.

I would like to avoid downgrading, because both software and TI would have to be reset to the previous version.
    But it seems it's my only choice.

I've installed it on Windows 7 and can't use the VSTi:
    Heavy display problem: wrong resolution not fitting in the VSTI window, wrong mouse adjustment to buttons, no reaction when clicking on buttons

I get the distorted display both in Cubase and SaviHost.

Can anyobody on Wondows 7-32 confirm?
    I'm testing on a Lenovo Notbook at the moment. Any display resolution issues?

So ok, after hearing the models, I can't refrain from guessing as well ;)
    - why TS-9 for the mint one and not the original TS808? However, they sounded close to identical.
    By the way, the Dunlop Fuzz Face was an Arbiter Fuzz Face end of the 60s / early 70s

To Marc one question he can answer without problems:
    are the models limited to "distortion" stomp boxes, or do they include "overdrive" pedals (like the Boss OD1)?

Now that I installed the update I'm really quite stunned by the quality of the distortion models
    They are very variable in use with different kinds of sounds while always working well!
    Congrats to the TI team!!

Concerning the stompbox models: I really thought this was more a kind of gag to give names to various kinds of distortion/overdrive.
    Now that I hear them at least the general feeling of well known sound colours is hitting me fast, even if I don't know which might refer to which exactly in each and every case.

This all works so well that I will probably test sending my Moog Voyager RME through the TI Audio input.
    Just curious: has anyone of you checked if the quality of analog signals is preseverd well through the TI?
    I just ask because I never really tried so far.

@monomester: frankly, I haven't understood, what you refer to or what you wanted to tell me.
    Did I miss anything substantial?

[size=12]The distortion models on the TI always belonged to the great things this synth offers. Various kinds of distortion are needed all the time, for VA lead synths just as well as for electronic styles, including bass sounds.

So I regard these ablities as essential part of the TI and would never want to use the TI without this great feature.
    If it gets even better with the new modes, I really welcome that!

The only thing that makes me smile is the fantasy put in efforts to identify exact stompbox models for the distortion variations.
    I guess most of this part takes place in user minds, even if encouraged by Marc ;)