Beiträge von moomaaman

Ok, so I've never had any problems since I started using ti with logic. Last night upgraded to latest version of TI OS. My monitors are attached to my ti, Obviously the master volume on the virus is turned right down to zero.....
    HOWEVER half way through upgrading the OS, I get a burst of digital mayhem from my speakers, must be at least 110db. Thing is, vc is turned all the way down!!!! My ears hurt for about 5 minutes afterwards....
    first of all, what the hell is happening? how can the virus output such levels with the vc turned down? this is not safe.
    2nd, what is this burst of digital static? what causes it?
    3rd. never before have i had such a clicky poppy sound during general operation from my virus until upgrading.... now its awful....
    what is going on?

This is all very well, but how many of you know actually know what you can measurably hear ? How does your hearing compare to audiometric zero? None, I bet. How do you know your hearing in the high frequencies is normal? ( Chances are it isn't due to the fact you produce music....) Hearing is a subjective phenomena, all this talk of ' sounds better' is purely subjective, so I'm afraid its a somewhat pointless discussion. Do whatever is good for you, if it sounds good, it IS good.

it would be really really nice if vc could be 64bit and we didn't have to use the 'audiobridge'.......its a bit of a pain in the behind.....

thanks for the reply.... Im using the virus as my soundcard! Interestingly the crackles have disappeared with the new osx update,
    However I still cant open the virus plug - in in 64 bit in logic, I only get the option of opening it as a 32 bit plug in....

ok so im using logic 9.1 in 64 bit. and virus ti os 4. But when Im opening virus ti plug, its opening in 32 bit mode, and using the ' 32 bit compatibility ' thingy in logic.... why is this? i thought it was 64 bit now... is there something I have to do to activate ti as 64 bit? please help!!!!!!

hello peeps. there seems to be some differing opinion on the web as to whether the ti can be used as part of an aggregate audio device within logic? Can anyone help? I need more inputs to my mac but want to continue to use the ti as the main out and use the direct monitoring..... can anyone help me out please before i purchase a new soundcard? Thanks

just upgraded to snow leopard , logic 9 and this latest beta, everything working swimmingly. thanks access!!! Except for a short buzzing at the start of a loop when looping in logic!!!! Interestingly Ive got ableton live (in slave mode) and when i press play in live, it all loops without issue!!! only when i press play in logic.... curious. Never had it in numerous previous upgrades.