Beiträge von jmm123

I have just come back to using my 3 TI2 units (including the Polar 61 and 37 keyboards).

What a disappointment to see that they have totally dropped support for these units!

*** I really only need the computer for auditioning patches and also to layer and setup tracks.

I have Logic (would love to use the latest version but sticking with an older macOS prevents that) and Ableton.

You would think that they would at least create a lite version of Virus Control

is there any help from Mystery Islands?

;(

John

I have my Virus TI2 and Ableton working well.

But there seems to be a lot of confusion and varying options on how to SAVE the audio from the Virus to a File.

The link below was the only one that seemed easy now for ME to follow.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

the thing that confuses me is that you cannot see an AUDIO file with waveform in the ABLETON track.
    then the WAAV file that you create has the VIRUS sound in it but again you cannot see a waveform. Although if you then import the file into LOGIC - you can see the waveform.
    all seems quite strange.
    Is there a help file that gives you a definitive answer to the best way to do this?

Thanks,
    John

Thanks nycvirususer, That is a great answer.
    At the moment I can only do this with the existing My Patches.mid file.
    How do I actually create and use another .MID file - say if I wanted to make one called Pads_JM.mid?

I tried creating that file in the same ....Patches folder but it does not show up in the Virus Control Public Libraries.

I guess I am still trying to work out how the ROM RAM banks and the .MID files all work together.

I am using LOGIC Pro as well.

Thanks again

Hi, I have just started using a TI2. I have LOGIC, ABLETON and PatchMorpher on the IPAD.
    I know you can assign a FAVORITES category to a patch in the Common tab - but it requires many steps.

What I love about PATCHMORPHER on the ipad is you can set SCENES where you can choose patches on the TI create a SCENE of "Fav PAD" patches, etc.

I like using the USB LINK and run the TI VST and use BROWSER to choose PADS category and select patches. But unfortunately you cant have both Mac connected via USB and Patchmorpher connected via MIDI using a ROLAND UM-ONE

So that option for creating a fav list is gone. any other methods to do this?

I wish both MIDI and USB could work together.