Beiträge von square_eyes

I don't care much to use my Virus as a USB audio device. But I DO use the Virus plugin in my DAW (for quick config, patch management, and automation), with all 3 USB/virtual outs heavily used in my productions. Reading the official post I'm unclear if I can migrate to Catalina yet.... since they use iTunes as an example. Which to me is a weird example since the plugin is the linchpin of this instrument's awesomeness... i.e. the TI bit ;)

Am I affected?

As a side I have just learnt about the Mystery Islands Music plugin... is that a viable route for my use case?

Edit: Seems MI plug doesn't do audio so you need to route audio back in to your DAW. i.e. it just is for patch management and automation. i.e. on USB outs back through your DAW.

I have the same issue

I'm still on macOS Mojave. I got my Virus out and reinstalled the VST. But it can't see my Virus, nor can Virus Control.

I have tried different USBs

I can play audio to my Virus as a sound card. But I can't use the VST in my sequencer.

I did a firmware update 5.1.7.00 when I reinstalled the VST, and it worked for about an hour. Now it just says Virus can't be found. Have tried the on screen instructions and to reset SMC.