Beiträge von konsollfreak

We got it fixed. One of the following things worked:

• Deleted AccessVirusTI.kext from [macintosh hd] / [library] / [extensions].
    • Deleted all files starting with de.access-music.virus_ti(...) from [macintosh hd] / [users] / [username] / [library].
    • Deleted the Virus MIDI driver from [macintosh hd] / [library] / [audio] / [midi drivers].
    • Uninstalled the Virus TI software suite, and reinstalled with the Virus in USB update mode (exit button + power cord connect on the Virus).
    • Checked that no drivers were blocked by the OS [system preferences] / [security & privacy] / [general].

Point 5. actually explained and fixed some other audio-related problems I was having.

Thanks to Access Music Support and Marc. That was some fast and accurate user support <3 .

So I'm trying to get my TI2 to work with my laptop, and I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm that it works with 4th generation Macbooks, and maybe give me some trouble shooting advice.

When I connect it, the Virus detects the USB-connection and displays the usual "USB-link detected" and "Audio clock changed", then displays "USB" to the right. The Virus is selectable as an audio device in the macs system settings.

But neither Virus Control or Ableton Live are able to detect the Virus (No Virus TI can be found).

I've tried the unplug & reboot with arp edit button-procedure, I've reinstalled the software package, which manages to both detect the Virus and install firmware to it 8| ...
    and my favourite part, the Virus works perfectly with my stationary Windows-machine.

The new Macbooks are exclusively USB-C. I've tried Apple's AV Multiport adapter and a third party USB 3.0-hub with only the Virus connected. Doesn't work.

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn the Virus has previously worked on the mac, but I can't swear to it.

What are my options here? I'm unsure how to proceed with trouble shooting, and I'm unsure if it will even work on a new Macbook with the whole USB-hub/dongle thing.

Thanks for reading :whistling: