Beiträge von HellCounT

If possible, please try the following experiement: Use your chords to play a sound with a very short transient not using the Virus but a sampler (plugin) in both Studio One and FL Studio and record that. Also worth trying is sending MIDI events from both DAWs to another recorder or to a MIDI monitor and check out their timestamps.

If my assumption is correct, then Studio One is sending the note events at exactly the same time while FL Studio has a slight difference between the events.

So i made a very short click in sylenth and recorded a big chord with it in FL and then in Studio One. The waveforms are absolutely identical.

UPD: I've changed the USB port and it stopped to play chords fully even in FL. Seems like it's more an USB issue.

In my experience, the Virus seems to also have a problem when many sounds, especially with fast envelopes/LFOs/FM, are triggered at exactly the same time. It seems that although the CPUs could calcualte all the voices, they are is not fast enough to handle the occurrence of all those transients at once. This would exlplain why you can play more voices manually than triggering from a DAW.

I found the difference between MIDI triggering in Studio One and in FL Studio when I trying to play the 7th chords with two hypersaw oscillators in 8x unison mode. Studio One skips most of the notes in the chords, while FL Studio plays them clearly. I think it's because of difference in their algorithms of latency compensation, but I hope that somebody knows how to solve this in S1 :)

Hello!
    I have a problem with playing chords from MIDI event in Studio One. So I've got a lead with two hypersaw oscillators with maximum amount of voices in unison. When I'm playing 7th chords directly from my midi keyboard, I can hear all the notes of the chords, but when I play a midi event where the notes are starting at the same time, Studio One doesn't play all the chord's notes. I've checked it in FL Studio and it works fine there. The latency in Focusrite 2i2 driver is 256 samples. Any thoughts how to solve it in Studio One?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.