Beiträge von virtualsphere

Hi Virtualsphere,
    I am having the same problems with my TI, did you get an answer to this problem?

Hi psnerk
    I contacted support and did some testing - I was first advised to try a different power supply, and then also different power outlets which I did but experienced the same problems. I also tried using it in a different property but with the same problems so I will have to send it away to be repaired. I'm holding off at the moment due to the possible cost of repair and postage but once I've saved up I'll be sending away.

Hi,

I'm having problems with powering up my Virus TI and after trying various things I'm stumped.

The only way I can get the Virus to power on properly is to plug in the power supply to the mains first and then plug the other end into the Virus when the power is running (probably very dangerous!). It will then work successfully for the duration it is powered on fully, without any problems. If I put the virus in standby mode and then attempt to turn it back on to full power, the standby LEDs stop flashing and the screen increases in brightness very slightly, but remains blank. I then have to power it off completely at the mains, and power it back on again. The same happens if I switch off the Virus completely - if I power on by plugging it in first and then turning on the power, I have a half-lit blank screen.

I've tried updating the Virus to the latest firmware etc., and I have also changed the power supply which hasn't made any difference so I think this is probably a hardware problem and the Virus may need to be sent somewhere to be fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions I could try, or has anyone sent away a Virus for this type of problem and know how much it is likely to cost to fix?

Cheers!