Beiträge von acodmt7

If I understood what I meant ? I won’t fully understand until I put it into practice - trial and error but then again all your doing is muting and unmuting parts via automation whilst it plays the same lead pattern across many different sounds , it’s quite simple really no ? Taking advantage of virus multi timbral in the same manner as mentioned in the video which I don’t think you have watched fully , because there is no random switching of the parts , you draw in which part you want played before any other , nothing is random here

And maybe hook it to a sampler like an MPC or Octatrack and set it up in a way multis can bounce off of eachother , creating lead lines that are made up of 4 or more different sounds , that’s all......

Yeah sure I’ve spend more time on the audio mixing front than I have compositions , but yeah , much of the fun is starting from init patches obviously, using twin unison , spread on elements I want to stand out , and the mix between wet and dry sounds to give contrast - eq , compression , spatial , yano all of that fun stuff..

I’ve been getting turned on by some psychedelic techno , there’s a OOOD mix that Rama compiled , if it’s your bag il throw the link

My contradiction is , that I said I wana design sounds never heard before because these days takes a lot for me to get the belly rush since everything has been heard before and rehashed - that’s fine because it works , but for me , it takes quite abit to satisfy my ears - I’m trying to stray away from the same old same , I wana produce stuff that pleases myself as well as others and not pump out the same old shit for a lame mainstream - that’s also a piece of Piss to arrange , I wana feel excited about what material I got to arrange , so far just a empty void and - yet Anything I come up with that turns my ear on , all be it sometimes simple , I’m sharing ? LOL

push limits of perception - whilst pushing limits of what one can hear

For me the problem was with a dodgy ethernet cable , it would somehow cause a crackle within my soundcard - every odd minuet , in return it would bug the virus.... since getting a new ethernet cable my problems were solved... although it took along time to figure this out

Sometimes it can be something else outside of the virus that causes the issue I guess is my point here....

Nice one ☝️ yeah driving a folder with some high resonance is a lot of fun , can come up with tones and timbres never heard before and that’s exactly what I’m trying to do , make sounds , leads that Havnt been heard or done before , have to admit nothing takes my fancy these days as it’s all been done before , so unfortunately I am quite strict on my own standards which is actually abit of a draw back , but o well , back to the laboratory

only reason i preferred the arp matrix is coz I can get stable patterns and tones out of self oscillating resonance thru the foldback... using the S&H has quite a random effect , I will give this ago though

edit - using the arp mod matrix along with the S&H lfo is pritty good , combined best of both worlds :)

lordradish I’m more than happy with the interface and layout of the plugin , use to be red , very aggressive and in your face , but now , everything , or Atleast most things are were they should be which set a good workflow , the only thing I’d like to see that would make workflow smoother , is some revamping to the Arp section... allow free running curves for envelopes , curve creation in general

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    - Mr Bill Ableton tutorial on an “Automatic Hocket machine“

I’d never heard of the term before , although

I often hear the ear for-filling techniques in electronic music , and I would wish to employ them in psychedelic techno...

So
    discussing this further , invoking the Ti’s multitimbral sounds in this way shown in the video , best ways one would set this up to provide similar yet easier and madder results... suggestions ? Trial and error until you have parts that talk to eachother in the “Hocket” format...

Turning the Virus into an ultimate Hocket machine...... thoughts on how to implement ? It would be ideal also to be able to assign the Remote 37sl mk2s faders to the Virus part faders , not sure how , the Virus automap template on the remote doesn’t seem to have them assigned , use auto map plugin to manually do it ??

Turning the Virus ti into an ultimate 3-4 part Hocket glitch call and response machine sounds like a good plan , anyone wana chime in to help implement??

Im thinking of something like arp to mod set ups across 4 parts that talk to eachother in away they actually make up one sound , these types of ideas also welcome

I think I just love the sound of wavefolding in general , especially over driven by some of these filter algorithms with resonance cranked ..

Starting to sway my attention toward modular where wave folding sequences are concerned , but the Virus can act in this way

No I hear you , Not saying you are naive in inexperienced ways sorry , I just mean in a way that people shouldn’t have to check a website to see if a synth Is compatible with there OS or not when you know many years Mac has always been compatible, so people aren’t unlikely going to check such a thing...

My comment was to only offer hope that 1500 isn’t quite down the drain just yet and tryna be fair on both viewpoints..

and it is certainly worth holding onto , as shit the situation maybe... you will regret selling the Virus , so think twice on that front

it’s not down the drain , I would leave Mac for not considering their own action , if was me I would rather sell Mac for windows 10 just so I could fully use the Virus at this point...

easier said than done tho , and is still fairly harsh on no word of a fix considering price of a DarkStar for example let alone ‘standard’ issues.. naive people like me wouldn’t of seen the catalina compatibility message either

sweet one cheers ☝️

Infact it’s a few of the waveshaper algorithms In general

But with the 2-6 Pole Xfade series of filters loves to drive the waveshapers with full resonance , the tones can be controlled via the arpmod

with the 6 pole resonance cranked up , try the different waveshapers , drive the Intensity until it bites and see what ya ears like the most.. Sinefold , SoftBounce and Wavshaper are my favourites

reminiscent , interesting and distinctive tones when max resonance from a 6 pole filter slams into either of those above

Further tests conclude that actually driving the SoftBounce using 6pole xfade high res filter gives a more cleaner interesting tones

80-100% Intensity ,in combo with the Xfade 6pole with resonance cranked to full , the main filters set em to analog and set desired key follow - for further modded fun - in the matrix set the filter bank frequency to the arpmod (and anything else that take a fancy , reverb send , arp length a gooden , patch/osc volume ,etc etc )

in the arp section have it set to ‘up’ or what ever suits , draw out your pattern , 2 or three keys to play in sequencer/piano roll ... Then blast that shit like the Prodigy..

Lame but , How do you send patches, can’t see the individual patches in documents , just the bank library’s , feel bad for the Cat Macs that can’t use VC current , then again all your doing is using the filterbanks 6 pole with res cranked up into a few of of the waveshapers

Driving the Sinefold distortion algorithm with a high resonance filter sounds nice....

start by Slowly cranking the intensity up , backing off until it bites , then select a 6pole xfade filter with its resonance turned up , with cutoff 1/4 open , gives some interesting and unusual sounding results

I guess there’s no other choice than to update the iOS then Marc now that most of the the spade work has been done , would that mean forfilling some other requests too ?

although I can see , it will be just a fix for the IOS.... which I hope gets sorted for some of you , quite rightly , you pay top money and can’t use the selling point features due to a simple Mac update , an update that can’t be rolled back.

I mean this does mean that sales will drop since there will also be the stubborn among us that won’t want to switch to windows , but why should they..

I don’t think Access would like a drop in sales due to a simple Mac mishap