Beiträge von acodmt7

So I’ve noticed that the onboard stereo widener Fx within the character mode works like a phase inverter is that right ? , dialing it right up gives the same results if you duplicated two tracks with one side inverted either L or R , now on its own with it fully up it obviously leaves a hole in the mid (mono) and doesn’t sound to great

with that in mind -
    he’s where the virus widener gets particularly useful... create 2 midi tracks and play two of the same patches , preferably arpeggios... on the first part have the widener off now on the second part , boost it to its maximum setting...

the result is a very wide , lush mono compatible sound , on the part with it turned to maximum you are free to layer Further time based fx , and further parts - whilst section locking the arp...

the result is........ very nice

you can further adjust the main image on the main channel with a stereo tool plugin that allows for mid side balance to finalise the image to your ears...

Is there anywhere I could purchase some rubber screws that fit on the bottom of the virus Ti2 case in each of the 4 corners....

I’m missing one , thanks

Modulate the filterbank mix - surprised it isn’t in there , it’s one thing I find myself reaching for in the mod matrix

for example when using RingMod , Shifter or comb I would like control over wet and dry .... I suppose you can automate it , but modulating it gets half the work done

————-
    make VC a standalone application , maybe you just want to make some patches and not go into a DAW specifically

Edit - my apologies for landing these requests , hadn’t seen the latest Mac problems until after I hade made this thread..

Wow can’t believe these two dials have been slipping my attention until last few sessions ....

hasnt seen much mentioned about these two , but man are they useful in mixing two oscillators together that much further !

Yeah those pointers would be good

Is it possible do you think to use lfo to volume with square shapes and have an arp that’s spread out across 3 or 4 synth parts , or something similar so you can using more than 32 steps , if so I wonder how well it would sync ...

Change some of That , you can make them move around by clicking and holding mouse , but seems to be a bug where they sometimes don’t move and have to use the dials , currently , I’ve got them to move .

Edit . And you see lazily been using arp presets on a created patch , for great use when arp to matrix is routed ..

Last few nights I’ve been using own patterns and see why I’ve only just noticed this maybe a problem sometimes .

With out being funny , It’s not the end of the world tho , but some response as to whether these requests are worth the time or ? I mean it does feel like a tumbleweed moment in this forum , is everyone on fortnite or something? Gone modular ?

Cheers

Bars to move freely within the arp , In a way it collapses the other bars as you move through it ... quite restricted movement , a dial per bar at the mo

May help Those that starting out

However ,aside from eq and automation Instead of jumping straight onto a compressor to make something ‘fit’ or to give dynamic movement , try modulating the filtergain in conjunction with the patchvolume to clocked LFOs , the rates depend on the source and your intention of course but , make it sit from the synth at the get go ...

You can take control of big pads , making them gated in style , how prominent the attack and release depends on the LFOs shape , start phase and contour

Also for creating the effect of ‘sidechained’ tech style basslines , I think they sound more rhythmic and natural without a Sidechain comp and by modulating various gains on the synth itself instead ,

adjust the lfo contour and trigger phase to taste until it sits with your kick here ....

Or/and

For creating fast and sharp attacking synth stabs

Sure , the use of compression on group sends a different kind of ball game adding useful glue to make something one element , I don’t mean to say don’t use them at all , I just mean that , where single synth channels are concerned , why not take control of its dynamic range through modulating a synths volume in creative ways through its own LFOs , before jumping on a comp/gate/expander or trans mod to do it on

Ive been having a lot of fun experimenting this way , try it mates ?

the ablitly to modulate the filterbank mix in general Would be cool , as you say some cool things can be achieved with the Frequency shifter , comb and ring mod of the filter section and having control over the mix amount within the matrix would be sweet for even more playable expression

And Currently there is only the abilty to mod the included filters for the filterbank , which as you know , are your , Filter bank poles , slope , and filterbank frequency , which is excellent .. but since then , they have added Ring mod , Comb and frequency shifter to that menu , but it seems as though they may of forgot to include modulation options within the matrix for them , such as - Stereo phase , Shape of L&R

—- I usually finding myself reaching to want to modulate these , but not in typical way , that ‘oh I must modulate everything’ just incase the mods are think it :-/ lol as if we to be curious children ( we are :-))) , but in a way that We find reaching for the abilty as part of a certain sounds work flow where its stereo image is concerned

I think what would finalise this synth for the modern domain , is to revamp the envelop 3&4 section so you can draw out any curve and where ever you wish to , abit like what Serum/Massive has - although envelopes 3&4 could be used in a similar way

Or can this be done with the Arp to matrix but add the ability to shape any curve within the arp section , or as I say , revamp the envelopes 3&4 , and add some curve style presets adjacent to the section and in conjunction with the LFOs as to produce drawn curves for those also , I could also imagine that looking sweet in the arp section

Cheers

I

Some good points there ...

And I guess you could technically use a second layer , just drag the patch on the next part then assign , then adjust new modulation sources and create new envelopes for them with good use of the eq ...

This all ofcourse depends on what your going for of course and for what types of music styles in mind ...

But trying to see how far I can push this machine

Yeh matrix slots ... I understand there would be the issue of not being able to use the 3 extra slots if you wasn’t in TC , since only 6 available on the virus , but being able to access 3 more slots within TC instead wouldn’t be a problem I should imagine ? , in the same way , arp-matrix is only configurable within TC ...

So yeah would be nice to add 3 more modulation sources along with the 3 standard slots that eachone has obviously

Hope that makes sense

It’s no real problem or deal braker , so don’t get me wrong ...

Actually come to think about it , it just wouldn’t work , not unless there was an extra sub menu implemented to gain access to 3 more if anyone wished so thatbitnwas possible with or with TC