Beiträge von acodmt7

I’ve had ago at evolving more so , your grain parameters, like before using ring mods and symmetrical mod matrix amounts for OSc 2 detune that goes crazy

You can use OSC 2 detune to set the rate and speed / to the point it begins to sound like your in an insectoids laboratory , apply OSc 2 detune to some channel pressure ! , you can also adjust LFO 1 - Filterbank Freq amount in the matrix for different rhythmic variations along with other parameters , finding the sweet spots yields rhythmic weirdness ,and adjust all the Lfos to ya liking ! Try some FM in there too !

.. provided screens since my grammar isn’t Upto scratch ..
    (And no rules on the filter envelope, was just how the attack was last set and was created in the tone of D1, found many sweet spots there , but hunt for others :) and obviously this is no fixed rule , constantly waiting to be evolved into something else , tweak till heart content !

Have fun !! And thanks again for your time oli ! Inspired a contribution

“Yield” apart from cannabis , this gotta be the best word to be used when it comes to synthesis .. nice one oli , can yield some nice gnarly baselines from this ...

Mind you I had to turn on ‘phase init , stabilise the oscillators , to the evolution I added modulated ring mod to the equation brought on some really nice sounds too

(Your first provided parameters)

Ok , I’m surprised to see the digitakt at 12v .... the TI is huge compared to that and it uses same 12v ... anyone from the virus community had success , if so how long could it run it for on a powerbank ?

Appreciated the link but , who’s to say , power consumption could be miles apart , hence why I wana know peoples experience within THIS community !

And unsure anyone got what references ? You said there is no spoon ..meaning u are my spoon since it u feeding me the information

Yeh cheers but more wondering about TC iOS updates , extra features that have been requested etc , I’m content and not fussed about a TI3 even if there was one

Oli you seem knowledgeable dude ,but I feel ya keep reading me wrong, let’s keep on the correct polarity shall we instead of wire crossing , I know my grammar isnt my strong point but ya know ...

https://synthmorph.com/blogs/n…ture-kemper-amp-virus-ti3 - as for this it’s seems fairly presumptuous....

I asked for TC updates not for a new machine !

Appreciated all the same tho no worries ! Il dig through Google’s endless adverts and pointless threads to retrieve the answer ...
    google is no longer what it use to be tho ! It’s more bent on advertising than it is to help siv thru assumptive shite ,

I was banking on Access support to tell us about upcoming TC IOS updates or new features , if there ever will be , but again , I’m happy as Larry with it

I’m no pro but I can try help with this maybe -

Without insulting your intel as you probably passed this bit - but ...

How long have you had it , bran new ? Was it it fine before and now playing up ?
    What’s your DAW ? And what’s the audio preferences saying ? Asio 4 all ? The virus interface ? External interface ?

Sometimes on first boot up (Ableton , TC) it doesn’t output sound just midi like you say , but a simple pressing of the transpose buttons to make it sleep , then re power up usually resolves 2nd time round ...

Anyone use a Keystep with their virus ? If so how do you stop it from activating parameters , for example when I hit record , it actually activates distortion .. or stop activates ring mod etc ...

Quite annoying .. at the moment it’s trying to behave as a controller for the virus , keystep still records and do it’s thing etc , it’s just that I would rather it didn’t activate parameters while doing so ..

Thanks

Maybe irrelevant, but for me , Disconnecting from the net when I attempt to produce ended all my problems .. it was caused by a domino effect with the NI audio 6 interface , which anytime the interface buffered/glitched for a split second , would make virus freeze (the sustained note ,1 out 10 as mentioned) forcing a restart .. only when I disconnect from the internet does my interface behave itself - In return so does the virus !

not many mentions about audio interfaces that could be to do peoples problems

Why should I have to disconnect from the internet for my interface to behave ? God knows , but it’s does the job !

Windows 10

shits getting real now , certainly will be a choice , gotta love that picture tho
    And that speaker on wheels looks powerful , seems well worth the cash

Cheers for the comments so far - this still open

Ok , so I wana play some sounds to a few trees with a pal playing guitar, out in the woods , a few hits of acid , u know the usual cliche drill I’m sure

- anyhow - I’m aware of generators sure - , but I’m also aware of rechargeable 12v battery packs , the idea would be to have a rechargeable PA speaker (12hr sound time) - simple enough and 2x 12v battery packs - one for the Virus TI2 desktop and the other for an Auturia Keystep

Question is , is how’s peoples experiences been with portable battery packs over petrol generators...... do-able ?

I mean was looking at these for a kick off - TalentCell Rechargeable 36W 12V/3000mAh Lithium Ion Battery Pack, 12V/5V Dual Output External Battery Power Bank https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0…sw_r_cp_api_a0muBbQZR7CMH

And if it had to be a generator ideally , then things similar to this one , any experiences with similar ?

Wolf Leisure Power Genie WPG1200 1200 Watt, 4HP Quiet Portable 4 Stroke Petrol Inverter Digital Generator – https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0…sw_r_cp_api_-vnuBbXWV7TZ6

Thanks

Yeh I had mentioned that the virus sounds amazing as it is , it was more about rock solid drivers , types of converters , and characteristics of them ,differences from one to the next , what makes a good converter , maintaining and preserving the Virus’s sound quality in every single way - which I basically ask in my question if you read it :)

Yeh I don’t wana be spoon fed , not like I’m asking how to sound like B or A :)

Besides what’s the point in a forum if ya can’t ask questions

Im trying to wrap my mind around what data entry actually means , that goes for the controller assignments within the matrix also .. No doubt been said
    I mean for example in this vid , BC uses data entry set to lfo contours as shown in the later part of this vid , but what is the data entry actually assigned to and how’s it effecting the lfo contours ?

Externer Inhalt vimeo.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Cheers