Beiträge von DJTobes

Y'know what? I apologise. I should have made it perfectly clear, the text of my original post when I wrote ' ... as I don't want it to fall into a debate' that was really aimed at 'baeksan' to be honest. So I feel I have the right to reply to the above critique...

What are you trying to achieve by defending Access?

I'm not defending Access whatsoever! Please feel free to point out to me where you believe I've defended Access, if I've not been totally clear then I'll be happy to amend my misleading statement for you.

Don't put the blame on Ploytec. They don't sell the Virus TI!

I'm not putting the blame on Ploytec at all. I'm truly sorry if it came across that way. I was aiming to point out a previous post on this thread by Marc from Access, when he wrote he was waiting for more information from the company that wrote the driver. A little detective work later, and that appears to be Ploytec. So as I understand it, and I could be totally wrong of course, both Access and therefore ourselves, have to wait until Ploytec have written a compatible driver.

I believe that your other comments are directed to Marc/Access so he/they should have the right to reply.

Again, I'm sorry if I wasn't entirely clear in my original post and I hope that I've now cleared up any potential confusion.

Deprecated HAL apis don’t mean they no longer wrk, just new features won’t be supported in the old driver model. They should still continue to function as they did (given there weren’t any bugs or regressions), so I do think it’s a problem elsewhere perhaps in usb and communicating to the hardware somehow

Dude, please.....

This is my final statement on this matter as I don't want it to fall into a debate. Because there is no debate and if you really do work for Apple in a Core Audio role then you'd know that what you are stating is simply not true.

There is NO support for HAL audio plugins in Catalina. None. Zero. This means that you can tweak them as much as you want... they will.... not.... work. Why? Because the OS doesn't support them. Period.

There is no /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL directory created on a fresh Catalina install. Have a guess why?

Apple's own 10.15 Developer documentation states that HAL Audio Plug-ins are no longer supported.

Have a look at any list that people have posted online of what Catalina reports back as being incompatible once you install it. Contains HAL Audio Plug-in file paths.

And finally, from Ploytec, the company that wrote the Virus Ti drivers...

"Mac OS X Catalina no longer supports HAL plugins: Catalina Release Notes. We'll release a CoreAudio-only driver by late 2019.

Please note: The current driver is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.15."

I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right!

We all have to wait for a new compliant driver to be written and that's that. I'm staying on Mojave for the foreseeable future.

A hint: The story of Ploytec

Everything else you have to research yourself.

Yep.

I had a dig around in the Virus audio driver binary files and Ploytec are indeed in there. 'PloytecHalPluginType' for example and that's why it's not working in Catalina. HAL Audio has been depreciated, doesn't exist in Catalina. Ploytec have to move to a different method called 'Audio Server' instead. This has been around since macOS 10.9 by the way, it's not a new thing! Ploytec do state that "We'll release a CoreAudio-only driver by late 2019" for their commercial USB Audio driver so, fingers crossed, they will also update the Virus drivers on behalf of Access Music as well.

Hope that helps.

Virus Control Center will not work in future macOS versions. As it turns out, we will not be able to supply a solution for that. Sorry, I personally wish that I'd have different news for you.

Virus Control will continue to work of course.

Virus Control will continue to work? So can you confirm that there is a new 64 bit version of the plug-in about to be released?

I'm struggling to get my TI to work on Logic Pro X on my brand new iMac (3.6GHz i9, 64GB, Radeon Pro Vega 48) with Mojave. I can see Logic reacting to the MIDI input, but no audio. I also keep getting the "No Virus TI can be found" error message in Virus Control. Have tried the suggested reset, checked different USB ports (incl. USB-C via an Apple USB-C to USB dongle). Anyone able to assist?

Did you 'Approve' the security request when you loaded the software the first time? If not then reboot your Mac, when the desktop appears again, go straight into System Preferences, Security & Privacy, and click the approve button at the bottom. Hope that helps.

Hi Marc,

First thing, thank you for all you do here, it's very much appreciated.

I thought I'd create a new thread so you would spot this problem more easily.

I've noticed that Mac users are going to have a problem accessing their Virus Ti/2 pretty quickly due to Apple killing support for 32 bit software. I'll c&p myself from other threads for clarity....

....what's the latest news about a fully 64 bit macOS version of the Virus Ti2 software please?

It appears that the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/de.access-music.virus_ti.plugin/Contents/MacOS/de.access-music.virus_ti - is 32 bit and also the /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/Virus TI MIDI Driver.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Virus TI MIDI Driver as part of the MIDIServer process is also 32 bit.

Mark? Can you advise please Sir? Thanks man.

However...... I did get a notice on the Mac today saying that the Virus Ti MIDI Driver is 32 bit and so it won't work after the next macOS update... this is worrying! So, what's the latest news about a full 64 bit macOS version of the Virus Ti2 software please? Thanks.

EDIT: It appears that the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/de.access-music.virus_ti.plugin/Contents/MacOS/de.access-music.virus_ti - is 32 bit and also the /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/Virus TI MIDI Driver.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Virus TI MIDI Driver as part of the MIDIServer process is also 32 bit.

Mark? Can you advise please Sir? Thanks man.