Beiträge von Ast3rix

yeah Ast3rix its not looking too good if the last update was in 2017. that's too bad too since this synth has so much of its own sound identity. I just liked the fact that although most people were running towards massive that owning this thing kind of gave me a sense of having something that not just anyone has. I can't see for (2k) a synth that this company is not able to even keep up with even driver support. they should have been all over it from minute one. just looks like some bad decisions or bad management or something. for a minute on almost every site selling instruments this was the "hot buy". which meant it was selling like crazy. I would think that instead of just hanging it up after that that this company would have wanted to take it a step further with a virus ti 3 and make it part analogue and digital with full digital control and a plugin in and have both thunder both and usb 3 choice on the back and new filters and effects and be able to incorporate samples. that would have been bad ass. that's where I would have tried too go with the next step. something like that would have blown everyone else out of the water. and maybe put a really cool touchscreen on it like Akai is finally doing. with something like that they would have brought this line right up to date and made another killing off of it. I mean take a page out of Korg's book. they keep repackaging the same product over and over for like the last 20 years now especially with the triton

The synth features you're describing sounds like the new Waldorf Kyra with exception of the usb 3 and thunderbolt 3 connections. I looked at it recently and I noticed how very similar it seemed to the virus. It's like they took many of the concepts of the virus and gave it an update. I just hate the price tag on the thing and for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't release an editor with it. Now a days an editor should be a standard for all synths. I really like the audio over usb. It makes the rats nest more manageable when you have a lot of gear. Not really sure what to think about the Virus anymore...other than still making sure it works in my setup. I am not going to get my blood pressure out of wack over something I don't have any control over. I'm sure that Access is fully aware of how this looks and with this synth still being offered for sale as a new item... it makes for bad press for potential customers. I hope they get the updates back on track so that it's not every 3 years we see an update. I don't understand why they allowed this to happen. If you're actively selling a product and offering support you really need to stay on top of the software updates.

yeah Ast3rix its not looking too good if the last update was in 2017. that's too bad too since this synth has such of its own sound identity. I just liked the fact that although most people were running towards massive that owning this thing kinda gave me a sense of having something that not just everyone has. I can't see for 2k a synth that this company is not able to keep up with even driver support

I like it because of it's unique sonic tonality as well. I have a ton of software synths but the virus does have a very distinct sound quality that can't be replicated with software. I hope that this audio driver thing is temporary. Yes, it did bother me to see that the updates for it where old. I didn't see that the driver was an issue until now. Apple made a change to the support for some of the older audio development features. I'm hoping that once they have the audio driver updated and tested that we will see an update. I found another posting where there are tons of Mac users very upset that they can't update because of one piece of software. I may have to look at purchasing a third party software editor and run my audio out through the trs, then just not worry about updating the access software again since it seems like the development on it has come to an end.

I upgraded to Catalina a few months ago and thought I checked all my gear. To my surprise I just figured out my virus is not working. I use it on occasion and so I came here looking for an update only to find that there isn't one. I'm shocked because Catalina has been out since oct 2019. I thought for sure there would be an update available. I purchased my virus last year and I did so because of the integration between software and hardware. Out of all my outboard synths it's my favorite because of the Access Control. I realize that when software has extra third party components integrated that it makes keeping it up to date difficult. I have seen this before with the Akai MPC... crazy screen driver and macOS updates. The OS updates are essential in keeping the Mac safe and secure and moving technology forward. I make sure to update all of my software regularly. I hope that this is a temporary setback and that there will be a driver update available soon. As it looks it's just the audio driver that needs the update as the access control was already updated to 64bit. I'm worried about the long term life of this synth. Seems like everyone has one, but the development around it is outdated. They're haven't been any new up to date features added or even talk about doing anything with this synth.