Beiträge von JohnBurns

Might not work, but then again this might just be the answer, at least short term...

For any track you have an arp on, make that track the selected track when you bounce it. I had sync issues when I was using an arp on the TI, when the selected track was not one of the TI's tracks.

I know this sounds as though it won't do anything, but it worked for me so might be worth a try.

So I have held off updating to the latest version of OSx Sierra because the TI and VC were not compatible with it and so wanted to wait. I believe Access have released an updated driver now, so I am considering doing the upgrade.

What are peoples experiences of this please? Previous upgrades to OSx and subsequently to VC have been fine and trouble free for me, but I don't really want to do this upgrade if I am putting the stability of my system at risk.

Thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Your signature says your running Yosemite but that can't be true can it? I too was on Yosemite until the Logic 10.3 update came out. So I updated Mac OS to 10.12, Logic to 10.3 and then Virus TI Installer 5.1.6.05.

Opps no, not updated the sig for some time. I am on El Capitan 10.11.6

This is interesting Matthias. So, I wonder could you elaborate please by letting me know what your set up, audio and MIDI and routing on the Virus -> DAW is please?

I use SPDIF and don't have many issues, some, but not many, but none I can state are related to SPDIF causing sync issues.

hi
    i'm searching Patches for my Snow to play Pink Floyd
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanks

best regards from italy

Not the best rendition I appreciate, but I tried to create/amend a patch a little while ago that reflected Wish You Were Here...

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I'll dig out what I did if you're interested (probably not after listening to this! )

Trying to figure out if I can upload an image to here, Marc - to show you my settings. Here's what they are.

Core Audio: Enabled
    Output Device: Saffire
    Input Device: Safire
    I/O Buffer Size: 512
    Processing Threads: Auto
    Process Buffer Range: Small
    Multithreading: Playback Tracks
    Summing: High Precision (24 bit)
    Rewire Behaviour: Off

Does this mean your Access Synth no longer works then?

Come on.... OK, we'd all love it if there were regular updates every year or so, new patches and functions of course we would, but whatever the circumstances re Access, it has absolutely zero effect on your current synth. it still does what it did when you bought it. And unless it develops a fault, it will continue to do so.

Just get on your synth and enjoy it.

I've started a song comprising 4 Virus tracks, two ESX24 tracks, and another soft synth drone track. My mbp handles it easily. Here's the strange issue...

I've written in the notes to a simple arp style in AMaj7, then EMaj7, using a nice brass type patch on one Virus track. Lots of reverb too. On the other track I have a huge piano type sound, and a single note deep drone on another.

When the active track in LPX is the TI, everything plays back perfectly, all in sync, lovely TI reverb, and I'm pleased with it. However, when the active LPX track is anything but the TI, the Virus goes all weird on me, with weird sync issues, clicks and timing pops etc

Any ideas why this might be happening?

"No - you can automate all 16 patches individually in Logic, including patch volume."

Well that is news to me, when I have the main virus track and go into the mixer, it only allows me 3 aux's total.

I'll go back and review the video again Marc.

If you go to Automation mode - 'A', you can then automate the patch volume in each of the Logic Virus tracks independently of overall volume. I just tested it, and it does work. May be not the right way, but this is what I did.

1 - add a virus instrument - with 4 patches (select 4 in the multi-timbral checkbox)
    2 - add your choice of patches to each VC track
    3 - Press 'A' to enter Automation mode.
    4 - for each of the tracks you wish to automate, select 'latch', then play the track whilst moving the volume slider for that patch in VC
    5 - return to 'Read'
    6 - repeat the entry of automation for each track you which to automate
    7 - All done!!

The problem with maschine in Logic, is having to drag each pattern in one at a time. Then it creates a ton of other piano and trumpet tracks and crap as I might have mentioned after you drag in a pattern. That's not a big deal to delete those extra tracks, but dragging in one pattern at a time when you have a shit ton of patterns and scenes is ridiculous.
    I just build the drums in maschine and leave them in maschine and then export the separate sounds after, bounce the virus tracks, then import all of those into a new Logic project and do the mixing. The workflow is terrible in this configuration.

I'm trying to see if going to something like FL Studio to do the drums would be more efficient. I believe FL studio is not officially supported with the Virus, but have seen some threads on here about people doing that.

I got rid of my Machine MIKRO for that very reason. it's easier for me to use either (1) Logic, (2) Virus or (3) my KORG for creation of new drum loops. It was a great piece of kit, but very quickly became totally unused and wasting space in my rig.

I just wish I could power up my DR880, it just won't turn on!!

I have a way, bounce the track in live mode. But if I select all 3 virus tracks in the project and bounce them, it bounces them as 1 file. I can do them independently via solo track, and have my 3 separate files, but it's kind of a long process.

Any ideas? I did read the logic setup guide as well. I'm using usb only.

The only way I can think of how to do this is to assign each of your 3 patches to a different output from the Virus. Not 100% sure even that would work, try it maybe?

Hi - firstly, I may have misread your post, but don't forget you don't record MIDI data on an audio track!!

So, you want to record your Virus in Logic, yes? So, in Logic do this...

1 - Add a new Software instrument
    2 - Select Virus (select number of tracks / output etc in the new software instrument window)
    3 - Virus Control will open up
    4 - Select up to 16 patches
    5 - Record what you play
    6 - Bounce project in Real Time (Not offline!!)

Voila!

what are you talking about? it doesn't disable the MIDI port, it turns the TI into an extra MIDI interface. we assume that when you connect your Virus to a computer you want to send MIDI _from_ the computer. that's of course still possible. and please don't use a power supply on the USB port. you'll damage the Virus.

I didn't understand James' post, either Marc!