Beiträge von dbm123

Hi,

I just purchased a Virus KC on reverb.com that I was told had a voltage regulator and PSU issue and would not power up. I got it for a low price and I thought it would be worth trying to fix. I carefully cleaned up the layers of cigarette smoke tar from the outside and it looks good! I have been intending to take it to a local instrument repair shop. On a whim, I plugged it in and turned it on and it starts to power up. The display shows solid rectangular blocks on the top row, the bottom row is blank, and nothing progresses beyond this point. Since the unit obviously has power, this has made me wonder if the unit is actually okay but the operating system is corrupt and it won't boot. So, I have two questions: 1. Is my thinking that all that might be wrong with it is a corrupt OS possibly true? ...and... 2. If the OS is corrupt and the unit won't boot... can I somehow install the operating system via MIDI or ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

I recently purchased a Ti Snow and I have noticed that the factory ROM banks are about 50% blank (init patches). I assume the previous owner did something to remove sounds. I would like to restore all the ROM banks to the factory sounds. Do I need to use the flash rom function in the Virus Control software or how do I do this?