Beiträge von odd

I'm assuming Cubase doesn't haver a more elegant method? How about uploading an example for us Cubase 5 users to see for ourselves? :love:

Thanks for all the help Marc.

There you go... it's made with Cubase Studio 4.5.2, theoretically it should work with Cubase 5 too, tough i'm not sure whether there may be new features in v5 that might be more suitable for creating such routing.

http://hotfile.com/dl/44215804…TI_-_6_Mono_Outs.zip.html

Well, having a look at the problems forum, i'd say that's enough to do a little more of fixing. As a softwaredeveloper myself i know from experience that one person complaining in our forums stands for x-times more people that simply live with the problem, not reporting it to us, even though they are annoyed of it, that's a very common phenomenon in the software world.

I mean, see the BSOD problem that AtonyB metioned, I've only found one other person complaining about it in the forum, but that's already three people with more ore less different setups, considering the amount of TIs out there that indicates that statistically there must be many more people out there experiencing the same problem.

[...] All I know is that I dont really suffer from any bugs - aside from occasionally getting a BSOD from VTIMIDI.sys (or whatever its called) when my virus disconnects via USB (by taking cable out or going into standby).

Its very annoying, but I just have to remember to avoid turning it off or save things if I must (i have electricity bills to consider) [...]

Ahhh, glad to see that i'm not the only one. That has already caused more BSODs for me then my old 3 year old 64 bit beta soundcard driver did :(

Great response AtonyB i could have not said it better my self, I also Own a Virus ti2 Desktop and for me its PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Great work Access and thanks for continuing to push boundaries on this product.

You guys simply have to understand that there are many people out there having problems with it. It's nice that it's working fine for you, however that doesn't make it any better for us who are experiencing problems over problems!

Does this mean they are already in the Ti2 as standard ? Confused by this statement.

That's what it means, yes, but since the TI2s RAM and ROM banks are totally mixed up (i never understood why the did that, it's extreeeeemely annoying) it's virtually impossible to find these patches without struggeling with the search function. Fortunately the archived TI1 patches are sorted, so that you can use the "Personal Libraries > Virus TI Factory Backup > ROM > Virus TI Rom B" library.

Regards....

This one is pretty annoying and it happens on some kind of regular basis.... it's always the same situation, it happens when sending the virus to sleep while the VSTi is loaded in an active Cubase arrangement. Cubase then starts working a little and wham, DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS, caused by vtimidi.sys.

Anyone else encountering this problem?

Cubase Studio 4.5.2
    Virus VSTi 3.3.5.02
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

One thing that often bugs me, is that one has to reload the plugin in order for it to recognize new midi files placed in the patches folder. It would be nice if the plugin would either monitor the folder and update automatically, or if there were some kind of "refresh" button/option.

Regards...

Here's how it looks like for me:

http://hotfile.com/dl/35767311…ubase-screencast.mp4.html

As you can see it's not only the plugins GUI that is sluggish, it also affects the host, the position and activity indicators start to stutter even when simply moving the mouse over the plugins GUI, turning knobs makes it even worse, especially the easy page filter knob (the hosts indicators hardly move at all when using it).

As already stated by LfmC, tweaking values precisely is a nightmare :wacko:

btw, you can't really see it in the video, but when clicking on the volume fader button it doesn't start dragging from where you've clicked it, it jumps to a fixed point, this is a few pixels on the right of the white stripe, that's kinda annoying too ;)

Regards...

Thank you very much this is exactly what i'was looking for! Really really thanks :P

In your opinion, there is a way to set the pitch envelope cyclic (so after it closes it opens again until the note off)?

thanks in advance

You mean open/close/open/close/open/close/etc until note release? Sure, deactivate the LFOs envelope mode and adjust its contour, phase and modualtion amount until it fits your needs.

I'm sorry for the NOOB question but how can I load this sound into my virus. I tried the obvious of opening the virus in Logic and trying to load your file but it wouldnt let me.

Thanks

Simply put it in the plugins patches folder:

Windows: (My) Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Patches
    Mac: /Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches

reload the plugin and it should then be available via the plugins browser.

Regards

Thanks for the info... automation unfortunately didn't help, once there was no change in automation anymore (ie when a specific value is reached) it snapped back to 127 again. So now i've rebuild the project from ground up, pretty exhausting (loading saved VSTi presets seems to work only per session, in a new project or in a newly loaded instance they cannot be loaded anymore :wacko: ).

I hope one day there will be a stable version so that i can finally use my "Total Integration" Virus the way it was intended :sleeping:

Regards...

I've recently noticed some crackling in one of my projects, and i've found out that the softknob values are causing it. All softknob values seem to be snapped to the full amount (no, it wasn't me), for every single patch that is loaded, even for those that are manually loaded after startup. However, the sounds are not changed, ie the softknob destionations are not modulated, even though the display on the Virus shows 127 when i move knob (on the Plugins Easy page all knobs are set to 0).

When i turn the knobs to full amount, and then turn them back to 0 all seems to be fine. However when turning the knobs again a few seconds later, they are again snapped to full amount :wacko:

There is no automation in the song, i've deleted everything.... any idea what else could cause such a behaviour?

Regards...

TI Version: 3.3.5.02
    Host: Cubase 4.5.2

Are you talking about the revert option in the part section? Well, that would have been an option if i had noticed that something gone wrong... but in the mean time i had loaded the accidently overriden patch from what i thought was the previous one, so the only option i had was to revert to the sound that has overriden the previous one, and to the overriden itself :pinch:

Regards...

Hi there,

I'm facing a weird problem, it looks like the LFO speed randomly changes when a sound uses unison, and that somehow feels pretty wrong ?(

Listen to the linked MP3 and you'll hear what i mean, at the end the sound will be totally out of tune. The sound (i know it sounds awful, but modulating the pitch makes it most easily noticable) is made from the init patch, the OSC Balance is set to the left, Unison ist set to 3, LFO3 speed is set to 127 modulating OSC 1+2 Pitch, and finally a little release. When disabling Unison everything changes back to normal after a few seconds.

I'm using Virus TI2 with OS 3.3.4.00 respectively 3.3.5.02.

Regards...

http://hotfile.com/dl/31014668/765c8c5/out-of-tune.mp3.html

So i was building this nice sound, worked on it like ~3-4 hours until it perfectly fitted into the song, and then just 1 second of carelessness, i've accidently overwritten the sound with a different one that i wanted to save in the slot underneath. While clicking the mouse must have jumped a few pixels to the top, and i haven't noticed it :cursing:, and after the song was saved the sound was finally gone, no way to get it back ;(

So, just an idea, an (optional) dialog that asks if one really wants to override sound xyz.

Regards...

Currently using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and it's still lagging... brrr :pinch:. 50-60% CPU usage when moving a knob, same when just moving the mouse over a knob (or anywhere in the browser tab window) while playing a sound.

Was only helping you find the answer why it doesn't work for you. FUCK OFF.

Ow and maybe it's because u use AMD, thats kinda weak compared to INTEL so it could be your chipset and processorpower that lacks. No hate FUCK OFF.

Sorry, but you were anything but helpful, you were not giving hints or something, you've just made a statement without knowing any facts, in other words your reply was completely useless. And you're going on with it, now you're jumping on the "AMD isn't as good as Intel bash train", that's the kind of reply i would expect from a 12 year old. 2x3GHz are more than enough for running W7, Cubase S4 and the TI Plugin, not matter if it's AMD or Intel, come on, it's just the GUI of a VSTi, it's not doing protein folding calculations or something...

I tried to be as positive as possible there but his name is doing it.

By the way, Windows 7 enterprise does not exist. it is shown here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare
    Personaly i run Windows 7 Professional as i am a member of MSDNAA.
    I think you are kinda childisch as you are overreacting on someone trying to help you sort things out. The fact thay you can't handle a reply from me telling your system may not be very suitable for musicproduction isn't my fault. No offence though but your name alone verifies what i am telling here [...]

Tthere's no need to feel offended by my user name, i was just pissed off that also access now started forcing people to register (with serial numbers) just for downloading drivers and stuff, i just can't stand registering for every single piece of s**** i'm buying.

Oh and Windows 7 Enterprise, there you go, feel free to try it: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

because you have a computer not suitable for x64.

Oh, i didn't know we're having clairvoyants around here... however, you're not very good at inspecting peoples computers by sheer mind power :thumbdown:, maybe you should consider some additional training sessions. I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise on an AMD64 X2 6000+ with 8GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD4670, more than enough for running an x64 OS, and guess what, except for the TI Plugin everything is running absolutely fine, no lags, no CPU hogs :rolleyes: