Beiträge von AtonyB

Isn't it possible to just get the render to run at real-time or less?

A lot of my projects render at less than real-time anyway...

Then why bother? Well it ensures that you don't get that annoying 1 in 10 voice drop and have to redo the entire recording...

I would like it to be possible to retrigger envelopes / osciallators and even the mod FX using the LFOs (or whatever).

Just something like....

LFO 1 -> triggers at level (-64 - +63) -> -ve edge or +ve edge (maybe) -> Pitch enevelope

There are many times when I have wished to be able to modulate things with a sort of repeating envelope, but haven't come up with a good solution...

To a certain extent all they have to do is open up the point where VC looks for the image data - but I can't help feeling, as others have said, that it's opening a whole new can of bugs...

it would all be solved very simply with a softsynth version of the virus...

the bandwith restrictions are a result of a poor design decision imho..

USB 2.0 was a well established standard at the time of release .

Believe me, there is NOTHING 'universal' about USB 2.0 - for the sake of stability, and the ability to be more than 50cm away from your PC, USB 1 was a good decision...

Yeah, I have a LOT of USB devices so it was a must for me - I didn't even have enough bandwidth, never mind dropouts.

Midi keyboards and virus on my PCI-E USB card.

Mouse / Keyboard / Webcam / Printer / Everything else on my motherboard USB connections.

USB isn't fit for purpose for an audio interface for many reasons - but these all pretty much go away when you get a dedicated device (apart from lack of DMA, which kinda destroys the taking the load off the CPU argument for using the virus...).

Each part can only choose one of these outputs at any one time.

That's not technically true, you can put a part through the surround output, too...

I agree, though. Actually, I never use the USB outputs for recording (i find them too flakey) I use the S/PDIF output mainly, though I use the analogues, too, if I'm lazy - but using all the parts does mean i can have six parts going to six different stereo mixes at a time - much easier than automating mixing to different FX, etc...