Beiträge von Marc

i've tried to download the files but my russian language skills don't allow me to understand where to click for downloads. you might want to wait for the next public beta, it should be out pretty soon and might cure your problem. alternatively, send the files to access support, they will have a look and crosscheck with you.

best, marc

the TI software suite installs several plug-ins. among those are variations for the entire TI range and for the TI snow.
    usually when a plug-in doesn't show up in logic, something went wrong with the audio unit validation. please have a look in logic's audio unit manager and check, if the "Virus TI" plug-in is present but disabled. if it's disable, select the plug-in and hit re-scan. it passes the scan here without problems.

best, marc

the sync will improve greatly with the next public beta which should be out any day. the next version will also provide better support for 10.6 on driver level (with 3.1, you cannot use the TI as an audio interface, Virus Control works fine though). we are currently wrapping things up, so for those who dared to install 10.6 already, we should have an improved version pretty soon.

best, marc

we have no plans to treat the TI1 differently to the TI2 when it comes to software updates. the only thing that _might_ happen is that future algorithms are more CPU hungry (because there is a platform now which copes with it) but that's all speculations. we save every CPU cycle possible anyway.

best, marc

the TI2 was released as a hardware update, not as a new series. the price did stay the same, it just felt right to add extra power at no costs at this point in time. there is always the option to buy something second hand and get a better price and if the release of the TI2 series made the TI1 series second hand price drop (which i personally didn't see much) i can't see why this is not a good thing. so, as for big deal: you either get a little more for the same money or you pay a little less. that's all.

best, marc

you're right, that wasn't clear (actually it wasn't clear to me until today as well). the display of the serial number was always intended to be a a service function, maybe that's why it wasn't tested extensively. we just thought it might ease the registration process when we mention it.

best, marc

for those who cannot access the serial number easily we've provides a key combo so they can read out the display. and i can assure you that config+tap while booting shows the serial number. remove the power cord, hold both buttons, plug it in, hold and wait and after a couple of seconds you will see it. it is not difficult.

best, marc

tidbit,

i've moved the thread you opened to the trouble shooting section. you need to provide much more info and just saying it crashes. the majority of windows users are XP users in our industry. i'm sure, if there would be a general conflict we would be aware of it.

marc

paul,
    you should get in touch with support by email. they can help you out. there are no indicators right now that OS 3.1. has a special installation problem. i've installed it myself on various macs and didn't discover a problem doing so.

best, marc

"devotion" -
    this site is fine with IE7 or higher. XP SP2 was released in august 2004. IE7 became available in october 2006. i think it is fair to say that we are not relying anything fancy here. and we don't make up those requirement to make your life harder, we just point them out because the software (both on this website as well as with the TI operating system installer) won't work well without.

as for the serial number, there is another sticker on the carton and you can read it out by booting the Virus TI while holding the TAB+CONFIG button. i believe a registration process which includes a serial number is a virtual standard when it comes to software downloads today. we've decided to include the serial number so we can create a closed forum exclusively for Virus TI users. also we believe that it is not asked to much to at least know, who benefits from free software we put out on a regular basis. if you don't agree with that all, nobody is forcing you to upgrade the TI operating system. in fact, the really old version probably don't even require SP2, if my memory serves me right.

the new access website is online since a couple of days. give us some time, i'm sure that we can improve the user experience, for instance by placing a hint on the registration page how to display the serial number of a unit.

best, marc