Beiträge von Julion

To update the Virus OS (firmware), you need to run the Virus Control Center on an older MacOS or a Windows system.

If you’re running the Virus as standalone synth, why do you want to update the firmware? AFAIR there were only changes to the TI integration for MacOS compatibility since 5.0.8. Check the release notes.

As I mentioned, I was having issues with Virus. But if there are no fixes available I guess I'll forget about the update then.

I'm having issues with my Ti2, so I thought I'd update the firmware. At startup the device shows a version number 5.1.1.0. On the website there seems to be a version 5.1.7.0 available. However it says it's incompatible with Catalina, which is what I'm running. But what does that mean? Is it the installer for Virus Ti software or firmware or both? I'm running my Virus as a separate box, only connected to my computer via an audio interface, so I only need to update the firmware. How do I do that?

My Virus TI2 doesn't output any signal after initial startup. If I restart using transport buttons it works normally. At first I thought this to be a random bug, but it's now happening daily.

For example if I shut it down for the day and the next day I start it up and start playing, nothing comes through. The display and all leds seem to function normally, but the output signal is silent both in headphones and master outputs. Messing with the knobs doesn't fix anything. So if I have a simple init wave loaded, shut down, let it sit over a night or so and start it up the next day, it's silent. Shut it down and start up again it works as expected. I don't know how long it needs to be powered off n order for this issue to arise, but so far it seems like a couple of hours is not enough.

I bought my TI2 second-hand this summer (2020).

Anyone experiencing similar issues? I'm a newbie at hardware synths. During startup the display says "5.1.1.0".