Beiträge von Maarten

Hi LF2600 !

Thank for your enthousiasm!!

You ar able to use a keyboard app, or Something like Cubasis, along with the app, to 'play' on the virus Snow. So there is no need to have a hardware keyboard.

receiving audio back from the virus is something I never researched or considered. Could you sketch me why this could be usefull?

What kind of workflow?

Could it be similar to have TOUCH for VIRUS as plugin in Cubasis for example?

Hi DJTitan,

Nice to hear you're having fun with the app! that makes my day!
    Sending patches from the virus to the app is the most requested new feature. So I'll try to come up with something, but can't say when, and maybe I fail to make that work. There are some difficulties to overcome which makes it hard to make promises. But it would make a lot of people happy, so i'll try.

Sending patches from the app towards the Virus is what the app already does. otherwise it couldn't work. The only thing you cannot do with the app is saving it. So as soon as you finished a new "epic and game changing" patch, you should hit that "Save" button on the Virus itself, just like you would have done when you would have programmed that patch on the Virus itself. You probably also might want to rename the patch). That's it!

Hi,

Today version 1.2 has been released in the app store. Adding:
    - support for MULTI mode (and seq mode).
    - improved Mod Matrix: values are displayed next to the amount sliders, as requested by @bobborries.
    - There also is a new gesture for all knobs, and faders in the mod matrix: a double tap will reset the control to its default value.

Hi everybody!

Thanks, but I'm not looking for anymore tester really. The app has been released some months ago, and no crashes has been reported, no serious complaints etc. So it seems to work like it should.
    Maybe someone has some very obscure midi interface, which could or could not work well with the app. In such a case I could give beta access to give it a try before you buy. But i do not consider that beta testing.

@'bobborries :thanks for the ideas. they sound do-able to me for the after-summer-release. I wil have a look at it. For now there is no functionality to reset sliders to zero, ofcourse you can do it by hand, but I understand your question. I think it will be a double tab on the fader to reset it to zero or something. Maybe I can get this working for knobs too. I wil also find a way to show the value, dispite the lack of space around the slider. It may be only visible above the sliderwhen you touch it, but maybe i find a way to always show it. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it!

Barrage: You're welcome! I hope its of good use to you.

@matkatmusic on its website Quicco states "The mi.1 interfaces directly to your iOS CoreMIDI applications.". If that is true, it should work fine. That said, I only have tested Bluetooth over midi using a Yamaha interface, I do not own the Quicco Sound mi. Even never heard of this brand to be honest.
    My app, just to be sure, is an iPad app, it's not made for iPhone.

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation for a week with the kids and unable to answer your question with my iphone (i cannot login to the forum using safari for some reason)

I do not have a list with all compatible or incompatible hardware to help me answer your question. But wether it will work or not is easy to see.
    First: connect the UM ONE
    second: start TOUCH for VIRUS, and open the settings page
    The UM One should be listed as MIDI source in the table (step 2). When it is, just select it and it should work, the patch name lsited on the screen should change to "Touched".

When it isn't listed, I suppose UM One is not compatible with IOS.

I must apologize for the "audit" button. In the last update I have re-implemented a new tab system but I haven't noticed the "Audit" button has as a result been placed out of screen. It's a bug, I should have seen it before I published, but for some reason I have missed this. Tonight I will fix it, and I will submit a new release this weekend. It should be available as an update on monday, maybe tuesday.

I have submitted version 1.1, which includes the patch library, this morning for review. Could be released later today, tomorrow, or later this week in case they find something.

@zeusweiler, i appreciate your comments on not buying the app because you feel it's over priced.
    It's your choice, so i'm not sure you need my opinion. But you wrote it down, so you may expect one. well...

I don't think you should expect more iPad apps for Virus TI in the future, because of the same reason there has been none (dedicated) apps in the past. From a commercial perspective the bussiness case is non-excisting. You cannot make profit out of it. The salesnumbers are not big enough compared to the time spend on developing this app. For me not a problem as it is not my main job.

When compared with the model D app of Moog, you are totally right: I loose. I developed my app on my own, took me more than a year. They developed theirs with a team of professionals. They do not need to make profit with the app itself because they try to sell more synthesizers with it. It is an investment. A very smart, well done marketing 'trick'. 5 euro for an app like that cannot be without a reason. Don't get me wrong: i think it is a very wel designed app which is fun to use. But it is designed to make you buy a real Moog synth some day. Buying this app is like paying for watching a tv commercial over and over again.

I think €15,- is reasonable, for the amount of work, and financial investment I have made to this point. The price is too low to earn it all back, but that's not my goal.
    I just do not see why I should sell it for less.

You need the apple USB to Lightning "camera adapter" to connect both:
    https://www.apple.com/nl/shop/…-----product-MD821ZM/A-NLhttps://www.apple.com/nl/shop/…-----product-MD821ZM/A-NL

In the app there is a audit button, it just sends a note. There will be a keyboard on screen in the future, but that's only meant to test your sound. After all, the app is made to create sounds, not to play music on your Virus. Real keyboards are way more usable for that.

Hi,

The way I use it:
    connect the iPad to the Virus TI using the UM-one.
    I plug my MIDI over Bluetooth connectors in my controller keyboard, and pair them with the iPad too.
    With Cubasis I send the midi data from the controller keyboard to the Virus.

After working on the patch library, i'm not sure what's next. I try to figure out what's most requested. Changing settings for a whole bank is new to me ;)

However, I think my app makes this already a bit more easy because the sof knobs are set in the 'control'-section. You can leave this section unchanged if you want, and load new section presets for all the other sections.
    If you want to work with (complete) patches, I could add a feature to the patch library which would allow you to 'lock' one or more sections while loading new patches. But I think the original editor from Access has this functionality too.

The last months I've been working on an iPad Patch editor for my Virus Snow. It's a kind of side-project for me, because I wanted to learn to build IOS apps.
    And well, I choose to build a patch editor for my Virus Snow.

It was a bit more work than I anticipated, but things are coming together really nice at the moment. It's working, and pretty stable too. I'm still working on lot's of small improvements.

The editor should work fine with another Virus TI models, but since I only have a Snow I cannot be sure. I have a Roland USB to MIDI cable which works fine, but other people are using other tools to get MIDI out of an iPad. In other words: it's working for me, but it should be tested in the real world before I send it to the app store.
    I'm planning to start testing in May. Anybody interested to help me out?

More info about the app:
    https://maartenwl.github.io/

Maarten.