Beiträge von Willo

I'm quite certain that they are not from a Factory Bank, but I appreciate the info/suggestion

Tried to launch Virus Control as standalone software, but there is no opportunity to search for anything.

Tried to launch the Control software in my DAW, (on an old MBP I keep around just for the Virus) and it wouldn't load, repeatedly.......Not sure what's up there.

Thanks for the idea. I'll keep trying

i tried TI2 VC on Win11 and Ableton 11 - VC Plugin Syncs all Banks from the TI2 on every start of the Plugin :( i did not find a solution.

on my old mac pro (High Sierra) - no problems

Aura has just recently released an updated editor/librarian - I've heard good things about improved connectivity and functionality.......

I use the Aura Plug in software - pain in the ass sometimes, but with very good results and control once you get it sorted out. No sequencer, but easy access to the custom Arpeggiator section.

I also keep an old MacBook Pro around, running older OS so that I can keep using the Virus 'CONTROL software (you can pick them up for under $300 almost anywhere)......both software options have their strengths and weaknesses.......The lack of support from ACCESS Virus is really very frustrating, but for those of us still committed to the Virus hardware, those are the only options available. Frankly, the PC option sounds like a much easier solution ........

I can't remember which of my Virus patch banks has the patches named things like:

'Aquarius'

'Cetus'

'Carina'

'Canis Minor/Major'

(I literally have over 200 patch banks now (been buying and collecting for years) and I can't figure out which bank had those names......)

Can anyone help?

Thanks.....Best of the Holiday Season to all my Virus Tribe associates out there.....

AFAIK, it’s necessary to have this model in order to be able to restore your backups to the synth. I have a TI2 Darkstar otherwise I’d give it a shot.

Thanks for your message. I've sent someone (with a Virus Desktop) my backup file, and asked them to create .mid files for me.

(there are only 4 RAM banks I need)

Unfortunately, they created .syx banks instead, and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with them.

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it.

Will

Before selling my Virus Ti, I backed up all my old banks using this (via the 'Virus Control' software, creating a '.vtibackup' file

Now, I want to access those as .mid banks, so that I can load them into my 'Snow'.

I can't seem to find a way to access those using the HC (Aurora/MIM0 software, and Virus Control gives me a message that I can't load a back up into a different piece of hardware.

Any insights?

If anyone can help me convert these files so that I can load them into my Snow, I'd be happy to pay you something for your time.

thanks

Will

I just created a little video to showcase these insane sounds:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I tried to backup all my old banks using this (via the 'Virus Control' software, before selling my Virus desktop.

Now, I want to access those as .mid banks, so that I can load them into my 'Snow'.

I can't seem to find a way to access those using the HC (Aurora/MIM0 software, and Virus Control gives me a message that I can't load a back up into a different piece of hardware.

Any insights?

thanks

That's a really great .pdf - happy to have it, and I did look at bank U, unfortunately, this is the not the patch bank I'm looking for.

I really appreciate your time....thanks! I'm still hunting (I have well over 100 patch banks, and can't remember which one had the odd characters for every name)

Same here I bought a cheap refurbished Macbook Air with High Sierra loaded just to have ability to update the Virus firmware and use the plugin. Glad I did since my new Virus TI2 had really old version of the firmware that I had to upgrade to latest version.

Thanks.....yeah, I'm using the MIM software, and generally, it's great......still a few little issues but they've been pretty good at getting back to me.....

You need to use the Virus Control software on Windows 10 or an older Mac OS X version before Catalina to burn them to the empty ROM banks. Another way is to use the Virus TI plugin to load into RAM banks and that also runs on Windows 10 PC or earlier OS version of Mac OS X before Catalina.

Right now I am testing load MIDI sound packs with the ipad Touch software that a third party developer wrote to make life easier on the Virus. I just got it setup to work with my new Virus TI2 and ipad to change settings and patches on the Virus from my ipad but need to figure out how to load presets from ipad with the app.

Thanks. I actually keep an old MBP around which still has an old OS on it, just for patch librarian stuff with my Virus (I just didn't understand how the larger patch banks would translate to the 1/2 capacity banks of the SNOW model......