Beiträge von Xavier

Dear Access Fellows,

I've been using my Virus Ti2 since many years and over the time I've had so many joyful moments with this Synthesizer,
    (you know, when shivers are running down your spine because you just don't know how this is possible but it's magic and you love it! )
    I want to send an honest "Thank you!!!" to the folks at Access Music. :thumbup:

Unfortunately it gets used less often in my setup as a new generation of software synthesizers start to be on-par with- or extend the Virus sound-capabilities. (I'm not telling names here)
    But still, here it's qualities as a Midi controller are really coming to shine to control those UI-less Synthesizers.

Bottom line - The Virus is still nice and has still many uses but in terms of envelope- and lfo workflow and oversight ( I not talking about possibilities here )
    it really starts to lag a bit behind. (hint: An lfo visualizer is something I am really starting to crave for...) But rest a'sure, I will never sell my Virus. I want my kids to play with it! (If it survives...)

As a last message, I would like to invite you to listen to a piece I played entirely on the Virus, one day when I thought "to hell with sequencing - let's just press record!"
    and the magic happened while playing:

Link: O.n.e. [ Synthesizer Improvisation - July 2010 ]

Of course there's more tracks on there which prominently feature the Virus, namely "Peace World" and "Beauty" are quite nice. I invite you to have a listen and hope you will enjoy! :)

Best Regards,
    Xavier Weydert
    (alias Oboskop)

How about a motion-record button, like I can find on my other gear (Kaoss pad & Parameter lock recording on the Elektron Machines)
    togehter with a 32-step Pattern-Sequencer like the Korg Radias ( this would mean the unit would be larger in depth and priced higher )
    Nobody would want to buy another synth anymore...
    Display size should be x2 or memory A/B' ed ( to quickly select between two patches and their corresponding parameter page you want to tweak.)
    Because for me, because I'm moving back from plugins & softsynths to using external gear only, with a couple of samples trown in occasionnaly.
    Live Jamming is just more fun.

Have a great time making music.

Thank you Acces for the countless Hours of amazement.