Beiträge von GESchwalm

Currently under construction, this characteristic VOICE so complex to reproduce (1981, tangerine dream). A mix of four FX with hyper-precise timing:

http://ti2.synthesizer.free.fr…-Liste-SONS/C-86-Exit.mp3

That is absolutely fantastic!! PLEASE give your patch parameters for this sound!

I came back to a patch set aside... here, the principle is to trigger a Pad directly via a microphone connected to the TI. The sound from the microphone is not routed as audio in the TI, but it can be heard via the mixer, if necessary.

:)

Do you mean you are using the TI's vocoder?

Find "Punch" in the Osc Common menu and see if that needs to be lowered. The manual mentions a higher punch setting will give you a snap in the attack if desired.

Seems like I read somewhere a long time ago that attack clicks are a normal artifact when building synths, and manufacturers usually pre-attenuate this for the user's convenience. However, Access decided to leave it to the user to decide if they want to attenuate it or not (if I am remembering all of that correctly).

Hope that helps,

Cheers!

Presented by

Rapturenaut Digital Christian Studio

Houston, Texas

"glorifying God through electronic music"

a good start for formant like sounds is to use the Grain or Formant Oscillators and modulate the Wavetable Index, F-Shift and F-Spread parameters, in addition to working with LP filter and resonance modulation and the more aggressive distortion types. Combining that with the phaser or and filter bank can get you some wild result.

Agreed! :)

Vember, try the F-Shift param in the Complex Grain mode with a square wave such as can be found at the beginning of wavetable Sqr Series. Osc sync sweep functions can take you into this territory, too.

Wavetables heavy on formant pitch sweeps are:

HarmncSweep

Glass Sweep

Opposition

Fourmant

Formantera

Morfants

Adenoids

I love formant synthesis which is what started my interest in synths to begin with! :)

Cheers!

Presented by:

Houston, Texas

No ridicule needed! Being conscientious about your gear is a virtue! :saint:

Just how big are these brackets? How long have you been hearing the rattle? Maybe Access accidently left them in there during assembly. Stranger things have happened! Funny there weren't any loose screws from the brackets rattling around in there too, unless they "escaped". No other brackets mounted in there like those?

Here's a thought: maybe Access noticed the black key clacking sound after assembly and just grabbed something (the brackets) and just shoved them in there to stop it and then they got loose later on! 8o

But yes, recheck your reassembly for any screws that didn't seat properly.

Indeed a weird situation! I wish I could help more. I wonder if Access Support would respond to an email?

Best of luck!

Presented by

Houston, Texas

Hi is it possible to preview the value of a knob when the global mode is set to Jump?

Yes! Simply access the page that contains the parameter you are interested in and the current value of the parameter will be listed there. For example, if you wanted to check the current value of Amp Env Attack, press the Edit button in the Filter section until the Amp Env parameters appear.

Also, when changing the value of a parameter, the original value will still be indicated by a flash from the Access logo light located between the two Osc Volume knobs each time the value is crossed when turning the appropriate parameter's knob.

Hope that helps! :)

Presented by

Houston, Texas

I've always thought of a vocoder the old-fashion way- plugging a vocal microphone into a hardware vocoder-enabled synth to modulate a patch, but nobody in this thread is mentioning that. I've never tried the vocoder on the TI2, but always been intrigued by it. There's no XLR mic input on the TI2 desktop. How do I set up a traditional vocoder like this using my TI in standalone mode?

Thanks everyone! :)

Thanks kazeko! Good to know! I have my TI2 plugged into a power strip with other hardware also plugged into it. When I'm through with a session I put my TI into Standby but then turn the power strip off too, so that's good. I agree, they should have included an on/off switch. But no, Access thought it was more important to include a silly demo song as part of the permanent interface. X/

Cheers!

PS. Don't forget, even if you leave your TI in Standby, or disconnect the PSU from the unit, the PSU itself is still on and running if it is plugged in to the wall or a power strip that is left on.

It might be because a softknob can land on an in-between value whereas the value buttons work in absolute increments. Even without using the shift button, my softknobs will jump +/- 1 occasionally, which by this reasoning, is perfectly understandable. However, if you are experiencing a wider range of jumpiness then maybe there is something else going on, such as a dirty pot? Try turning the knob back and forth a few times to clear any possible internal dust or corrosion. Crude suggestion, I know, but that's what first comes to mind other than perhaps a software issue. Hope this helps. :)

Presented by

Houston, Texas

I have yet to dive deeper in all its intricacies, which I've not taken enough time to do since I got it, partly because I'm short on time, and partly because I'm quite a lazy guy.

Welcome to the forum janbess! Hope you get some free time because I know the TI2 will energize you! :)

Cheers!