Beiträge von benomobile

Its a TI, not a TI2. About 10 years old.
    Their tech support in germany got back to my and recommended contacting virus and replacing the motherboard.
    Access support quoted €460 + tax + shipping for a replacement board. Its a pretty expensive repair. It would have been nice to have some more advices for troubleshooting to avoid such an expensive repair. But i guess it is what it is…

I am open to any other advices/ideas…i can find some older threads about similar issue but I cant see the outcome…the discussion just stop abruptly…hope it doesn’t mean they got the hammer out and closed the case.! Has anyone had much luck with Kemper support or the service center in Germany? How is the support for access virus in general?

hi, did you try to connect headphones to the VirusTi and use the audition button to play the actual preset?

(...use the master volume at 50%...)

hi, yes I tried that and also with an external midi input. I can see the midi signal in (quarter note symbol). But yeah, nil sound.

ok I have updated to the latest OS and did a factory restore, still no audio. Im pretty gutted. I tried to contact virus and I got an automated reply and got instructed to contact their service center in Germany. I emailed them a few days ago and did not hear from them. I am not sure what to do next...Hopefully I will hear from them eventually.

Have you tried reinstalling the latest firmware? I had an issue with no audio when I first updated my TI2. I noticed that things go screwy if I take the focus away from the updater while it is updating. Before the update, things worked. After the update, no sound. After reinstalling the firmware update, everything seemed to work.

Let me try that...thanks I will report back

Hi

I have some issue with an Access Virus TI.

It sometimes crash or not boot up properly. Sometimes it get stuck in a boot loop... When it does boot up, I have no audio. I just run the song demo with the volume up and no sound from any outputs. (no usb connected) I look up various forums and since its not under warranty I have done the following:

-Replace the internal Battery

-Reset the Virus with the Arp Edit button during power up

-Did a hardware check within the Virus self test

-Check continuity of the main ribbon cable

-Look for dry/cracked soldering

-Check the Voltage regulators in/out

The only finding so far is the voltage regulator outputs (see attached photo). Since I don't have a diagram I am not able to confirm if this is actually a fault and what the correct value should be. I also noted a few solderings looking dry on the motherboard (to my surprise...) so I reflowed them but that didn't help.

Other than that, I am not sure where to look without the diagrams...I have contacted Virus but in the mean time can anyone help with that?

Much appreciated