Beiträge von Sebastian Carpata

Only now I payed attention to your last sentence regarding the cracking in the SPDIF output. That's a shame. That was one of the tests I wanted to conduct. I was hoping that it's a D/A converter issue. I'll will still give it a try on of these days. In other words, the only way to avoid it is through the usb-output, or the other Output (2+3)LR. I've found out another thing. I just bought a ModWave. I have it connected with a balanced cables on the input of the Polar. (Don't ask me, I think the Polar is so sensitive when it comes to its connections), Output 1LR runs balanced to my RME card. The crackling is still there. To me it is related to Output 1LR. How I wish it was as clean as the headphone output. Then you really hear the old Polar shining dam, impressive white box. I am going to make some more music now and see how it all evolves. . But there is some buzzing with lower frequencies. I wonder if you can route the input on the Polar to outputs Output 2+3LR.

What can I say about it. I'm sure my Polar II is wounded, but at least it's not dead. I was disappointed after troubleshooting it for a month or two. After that I gave it a rest. Now I'm currently building dawless rig. I will be spending some time on the issue again because as I do hope to get it fixed.

The described problem is not present on the second and third output pair and headphone jacks. It also works fine integrated. I now wonder how it will perform only using a stand alone hardware sequencer.

I'm in the middle of troubleshooting the exact same issue. The problem is only on Output 1 L+R. Not on the other channels and not on the headphone channel either. A bit strange. I'm able to reproduce the problem at low volumes. In this phase my conclusion is the light crackling noise is with some patches that generate low frequencies. Why it's only on the main has me puzzled at the moment. I'll keep you posted if I know more.

I'm glad I came across these descriptions. I had a Virus C for years, and now I'm in the TI2 world. On the comment on oliAtBass. I also ran in to the same situation with a couple of costumed patches. The strange thing was that the bloated cracking sound was absent on the direct headphone output of the Polar. On occasion I also managed get rid of the sound problem by assigning the patch to a different physical output. which left me clueless . After resetting the unit and checking only the factory patches I've failed to reproduce the problem.