Beiträge von HetherGrey

It certainly can sound quite warm!

I meant the 'ice-cold' thing as a great compliment, digital synths have a great vibe imo that again is a wonderful compliment to analog.

I'm also curious to hear what midi controller they are using...

I've been strongly looking into the FaderFox units, they seem to play really well with Elektron units and I'm sure could be configured to work with the Virus directly as well.

http://www.faderfox.de/

Thanks, after playing around with it a bit more that was the impression I was getting.

I'm very much in the same boat, vastly prefer composing and performing on hardware then with a laptop. I don't mind the sound design aspect on the computer as much, which was a big part of why the TI was attractive. I'm sure I'll adopt a similar workflow, doing some sound design and patch / bank organization (not to mention custom arpeggiator presets) with the control center but moving away from the laptop to have it work with the rest of the rig and write and tweak sounds from there. I plan on making full use of the multi-timbral functions of the Virus with the Octatrack as the main sequencer, so having the control center to at least organize my patches if nothing else will still be a huge help.

It's too bad I won't be able to tweak patches on the laptop while the synth is working in the rig's MIDI network, but hey maybe that will keep me from over-thinking and over-tweaking sounds lol.

Regardless, absolutely love the synth. It's ice-cold in the best way possible and fits in so well as a compliment to my Analog Rytm and Moog Minitaur.

Hi -

I was wondering if it was possible to run the Virus with it's Total Integration Control Center but have it be clocked from a separate source from the laptop.

Basically I want to have the Virus plugged into the laptop for patch editing but I want all the other MIDI data including the clock to come from my Octatrack.

Thanks!