Beiträge von Cyberbat

So...the weirdness is that if you try to [MIDI DUMP RX/Verify] the file as it comes in, it generates a Bad Data error, and if you try to load in Store mode it generates a Checksum error, but if you just load up a patch as normal and then play the file in (a mode where no error message can be displayed) is loads all the new patches. Weirder still, if you then try to load with Verify on, it all sails through this time. I do not understand this as a process.

I've PMed you on here mate.

Hi all,

Do any of you use the Mystery Islands/Aura Virus Editor/Librarian on Windows 10 or Windows 11?

I downloaded the demo for PC but it doesn't install properly or work on either of these OS. I'm just wondering if the demo is out of date, and if the full software works on more recent Windows OS.

Any user feedback is very much appreciated!

Thanks

Toby

Turns out this was harder than I thought!
    I'm mostly a PC/Windows guy and have machines running Windows 10 and 11.

Tried Bome first as it's widely regarded as the best on PC - finds the MIDI ports fine, accepts the firmware file, and then as soon as you click send it hangs and turns unresponsive. On both machines.

Tried MIDIOX next which, when i try and select my MIDI OUT tells me I don't have enough memory to perform the operation (LOL) so it must have a memory leak somewhere when run on Win 10/11. Running in compatability mode allowed me to set the MIDI IN, but not the MIDI OUT. So no good.

That seems to be it for PC - no other solutions found.

So I dusted off a 12 year old Macbook I have - thankfully still booted - and tried SysEx Librarian. This worked! Upgraded my Virus C to 6.5.

Would love to hear if anyone has a reliable PC solution in a Win10/11 environment.

That said, I won't ever need to update the firmware again, so now I just need a reliable Patch/Bank Librarian/Uploader. If anyone has any suggestions that work I would certainly appreciate it!

Hi all,

Bit of a left-field question, but I've just bought a second-hand Virus C and it could do with a clean on the external surfaces to freshen it up - especially the front panel but also the knobs and buttons themselves - anybody know a safe and reliable method that they've tried and tested? Obviously don't want to damage anything! :)

Thanks

Hi all,

New Virus C owner here - just received it in the post and it has OS 5.5 and banks A-D installed.

I'm guessing it makes sense to upgrade to 6.5, and i'd like to get all the additional banks added. I've got the OS download from the Access site and just want to check what the current best way is to get this installed from a Windows 11 PC. I see there's a few guides on the forum, but some go back many years, so wanted some advice if possible of what is the best method in 2022!

I have a USB-midi cable etc, so hardware-wise should have everything needed - it's just the software I need to get my head around!

Thanks

Hi all
    New Virus C owner here and I'm keen to give this software a go. I downloaded the demo, and installed in on my PC - WIndows 11 - and once installed, when i double-click the program literally nothing happens. I also see that it hasn't installed the VST version in my VST folder. Anyone had any joy in getting it to run successfully on Windows 11? I want to be sure it'll work before i spent the cash on it.

Thanks