Beiträge von Fhaser

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how hot the power adapter should get. I've got a 2nd hand TI deskop with a PUT POWERTECH adapter, I notice it's nearly too hot to hold on to. Is that normal?

Also, and this is really weird, if I have the virus plugged in to the power adapter and the power adapter in to the wall and I have my MacBook Pro sitting a metre away with nothing plugged into it except headphones, then when I touch the metal of the virus I hear a buzzing in the headphones. I'm not touching the Mac, it's on a wooden desk, the headphone cable isn't touching anything except the mac and my head. The virus power cable is not touching anything except the socket and the virus and the floor. There's nearly a metre gap between the Mac + headphones, and the virus + it's power supply. The cables are even further apart.
    If I take the headphones and put them on the table it stops, but it starts again if I touch the plastic of the headphones. Scary!

What's happening?

I've been having various problems with my virus when plugged into the computer but now also I seem to be able to crash it with one of my patches on the new OS 4.5.1.15, maybe that's all related to the dodgy power supply if indeed it is dodgy.

I see DV247 are selling PUT POWERTECH as well but it's a different model to mine and the specs are different.
    Mine says output 12V 2.08A

I don't have a hub other than the 2 that the 4 ports on my iMac share with all the internal components. My Virus is plugged directly into my iMac and when I go to About This Mac -> More Info, and down to USB it shows me

USB High-Speed Bus:
    --Hub:
    ----Virus TI
    ----Built-in iSight:
    ----IR Receiver:

USB High-Speed Bus:
    --Hub:
    ----Keyboard Hub:
    ----Bluetooth USB Host Controller
    ----Internal Memory Card Reader

FWIW things seem somewhat better on 4.5.0.16 beta. A few glitches but at least it's connecting now. Will investigate more tomorrow.