Beiträge von Ionis

Simple. You set the destination of LFO 1 to oscillator pitch. Make the LFO have a fast rate and make it a sawtooth waveform. You must also set the LFO phase to 1 so that it will retrigger everytime that you play a note. Play around with the amount and the rate and I promise you will get some very nice results, at least that is how I make my Psi sounds.

Another thing: It is very helpful when you tweak it's amount or rate.

If you want to use Oscillators as sources, the current workaround is to set a LFO as a source and then give it some hefty Key Follow Amount. If you really want to beef up your speed, i.e. oscillator rates, set the source to a LFO and have them controlling each other's rate. This will allow you to get "tonal" rates. You would still have to use Key Follow, but I've played around with this before and it works!

I can't speak for mitchiemasha, but I often use all of the Matrix slots whenever I build "Morphing Patches". These patches are essentially a sound that morphs into a completely different sound by setting the source as the Modulation Wheel on all 18 slots. I use these a lot for Live PA work so that I can squeeze 32 parts out of my Virus TI without having to load a new Ableton Live file mid set.

You should really try it, I promise you will make some interesting sounds!

Psytrance baselines are two form: A good sound combined with a good sequence. If you are looking for that really cool drone type, but more mids, the trick is to make a very simple sub like sound with a highpass filter and mix it with a thin saw sound that has a bandpass filter. Both synths always play the same line as to create the illusion that it is in fact one synth. Put a huge reverb on your sub, but make it have an almost instant decay. Make sure that your mid sound has a LFO modulating the bandpass filter and make the rate faster, but with only a little amount. This will make your static sound start to evolve.

I was working out some sounds with the new Hyper Chorus and have been getting some very good results. I have always felt that the best Psy is and very dreamy ethereal sound mixed with a very dark mechanical sound. This tends to make the song more interesting.

Me too.

Yeah, I noticed that the classic chorus send amount knob in VC does not have the lite up ring around it anymore and Arps seem like that take a few extra measures to sync up. I have had VC crash on me a few time too, along with Live. I hope it is just some Beta issues.

All the psy-ish presents in Virus are so old school oriented that are practically useless if you don't tweak them. Unless you want to do some acid tunes. I suggest you to start learning Sound Synthesis because only through this you will be able to see the endless psy potential of this synth. I usually take some "primitive" patches, very basic sounds and start from there. In the meanwhile, try linking the arp to filter cut off on some mean sound with fast attack...yummey:)

Amen.