Beiträge von drivenover

This.

Especially about the special features. This is what Line 6 does with its POD lineup, selling different amp models and effects for a little extra cash never hurt, especially considering that the device is still just as usable without.

Having to pay for updates that actually make the device more efficient / work correctly would be a step in the wrong direction IMO.

Taking example from NI Massive or Absynth, more filter modes such as double notch and comb would be fantastic. If not that then maybe effect routing options (primarily to be able to put the phaser before saturation or other filters)

You can automate the synced lfo speed via poly pressure, it's easy to do in Cubase. I've got a virus C, they might have made it simpler on the TI. Not quite sure. Here's how I do it: You've got to first create a poly pressure control lane, and you have to make sure that the virus sends its high page messages in the form of poly pressure (System / Multi Edit menu) and you've got to make sure that your DAW isn't filtering these messages out. That way you can hit record and the messages will show up in the sequencer when you turn the lfo rate knob. I think the poly pressure note that you have to select to see this is g-1, not quite sure. It'll show up in the sequencer once there's data there to read. Then, it's just a matter of penciling in the values!

Hope this works for the virus TI... I can't see why it wouldn't.

My name's Brandon, I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, U.S. and I just recently bought a Virus C off of a friend. I've spent all of my time playing with it, with exception to sleep and work. I don't have any tracks finished that are made with it yet, but I'm about halfway through one now!

I have a recent obsession with DnB, although I've had a slight fascination with this dubstep stuff. Right now, I'm trying to get a decent "Womp" out of a vocoder... ha! You can hear my completed music at http://www.myspace.com/thesausagepuppies . When I get some virus tracks done, I'll post them in the appropriate thread.

I'm hoping to see what all of you have gotten out of your hardware and software, and to leech as much knowledge off of the well experienced as I can! Who knows? Someday someone might need to leech off of me :)

Cheers!

-Brandon