Beiträge von Zap13

and now Virus Control is working in studio one. Using the front USB port on this HP z820. not sure why but saw this somewhere. Its a bit of a relief. But still annoying that i have to import a track into this after all that work in pro tools and wanting to KEEP it in pro tools.

this synth kills any other synth on the market even till this day. i dont understand why they would want to give up support of something so important and high end sounding and why not releasing new versions of this audio marvel and why they are focusing on Kemper so much when guitar modelers have caught up close enough that they should not focus on Kemper. Its a big mistake and wrong priorities.

They have a synth here which nothing else out there sounds like (except maybe u-he Zebra sometimes) but why these people will not support this thing is so absurd. I may not be happy with these people at this company but their synth is timeless and should be continuously supported, should exist as AAX, and should be re-sold as a TI3 with a slightly new paint job and with the same Virus control plug-in or just a TI Snow desktop large white one. Please do not abandon his synth people!

Does anyone know what has happened to this company? Who is running things there because whoever is running it certainly it is not a person who should be running the company.

Zap13 the Mystery Islands plug-in can import sound libraries from your PC to the Virus, if that’s what you mean.

Why not reach out to the developer and ask your questions?

I suggest you email [email protected].

K thanks. Now Im trying to load VC into Studio 1 again and its going a bit faster. maybe because i can see its loading and syncing the ROm on the unit... i assume this is only gonna do this the first time loading?

Zap13 suggest you look at the Mystery Islands plug-in. Support hasn’t been perfect of late, but everyone seems to report that it works without problems.

wow,tthanks alot. I appreciate it. Will it access all the other libraries on my windows in addition to the Roms and ramss on the TI?

This is very important because this is the only synth that has the sounds for a metal project. all other synths do not have the sound. I cant believe this company has abandoned people. This is unbelievable that another company is making software on volunteer basis for the Virus and the company access themselves will not work on this. is this a kindergarten company?

This Virus control does not load into bluecat patchwork.. is destroying my computer by making pro tools not respond and not to mention the other thread I posted where it is not loading at all in Studio One Pro 5. Does this thing even have any support anymore at all anymore or is everything discontinued?

Ok is there at least someVST wrapper to AAX that will work?

<X<X<X

Same message below as sent to support. This is petty for now the only major vitual instrument company to avoid industry standard AAX compatibility for Virus Control just because there is a fee. This is unprofessional, has no reasonable explanation, is impossible to excuse, and is already getting beyond obscene. If i am banned for saying this i do not care. But somebody has to do this. Because with my upgrading my Avid Omni HD interface to an HDX core card, the Virus unit is now useless to my studio. Im not accepting to use another Daw no for obvious reasons just to be able to produce with the Virus Control.

The Avid HDX Core Card will now open up the full potential capabilities of my Avid Omni HD (an 8 year old unit btw which is still considered top level). Along with expanding that with an HD I/O 8x8x8. Why? Because I am done with the nonsense latency of Native tracking where you can't even print DSP-print while tracking. Compare to 0.5ms of latency round trip right now with HDX tracking with AAX DSP for printing multiple tracks stems instantly. Ive tried Apollo and it doesnt compare, its converters sound wishy washy to me... (and its stil slower! test out the ping pong effect on the Apollo for yourself with a guitar pick tapped on the pickup of a guitar... the defitnition is still a bit of ping-pong! t still exists even at low buffers LOL). NONE of that nonsense on HDX. So instead of the 5000 USD for an Apollo x8p... doing HDX core upgrade with the same Omni interface was a no-brainer for the compared value and yet still I cannot use the Virus control plug-in. I still have to be forced to use some inferior DAW with a VST all because of this refusal. How can a corporation like this refuse to pay that fee? its not even that high for AAX native. I have not seen anything more petty in the entire software industry of virtual instruments.

Message to support:

"hi, I am severely aggravated and now violated completely" by the lack of AAX for Virus Control. Do you realize that you are the only plug-in company on a major level that refuses to program AAX? Do you not see why you have so little sales of your system and that there is no evolution and that you are still on the same synth with no new edition? Are you mad at all DSP companies because Fractal Audio is now as good as Kemper so that you take it out on Avid and all Avid users just because they are in the DSP business? (We are only asking for Native AAX). And is there a Wrapper that works for AAX? This is NOT a good situation. I have upgraded to an industry standard HDX core card to open the full potential of my Omni HD i/o (which still as an 8-year old interface kills everything else even today). Plus expanding it with an HD i/o 8x8x8, and yet i still have to be forced to use low grade DAW to be able to use your Virus Control plug-in. Why??? This is not about money. This is about industry standards.

You people are treating people as if they are asking you for the DSP version of AAX. and you should even be providing that for zero latency tracking.

I have just upgraded my Avid Omni HD from HD native pcie card to HDX pcie card so that i can print my stems immediately with Analog DSP simulation. And there are some companies refusing to provide this industry standard for tracking but to not provide at least AAX native is a crime because pro tools is industry standard. Why is your company the only major company making plug-ins stubbornly refusing to adhere to correct industry standards?

Are you so upset with DSP companies now that Fractal Audio has caught up with Kemper or something that you have to show this kind of spite to any company that makes something DSP?

We are not even asking for DSP! We just want to be able to track with Virus control in AAX Native. Why should I have to use another DAW to use your Virus control plug-in. This was such a waste of money to buy this TI when i am being treated like a cockroach by your company. You have proven that pro tools users are insignificant.

You as a company cannot be this petty just because there is an AAX fee. the Fee is not anywhere near the fee for AAX DSP so why are you refusing to help people. Why are you not being reasonable? This is not fair and it is Petty to the most extreme degree that a company can be petty.

Sounds like alot of Virus in the new fear factory record "The Industrialist". In this track for example, some of the virus which starts at 1:53... sounds like it has an absolutely HUGE stereo image in comparsion to the guitar... and then it comes back after that point every now and then. Does anyone know if I am doing the same style how I can increase the size of my own guitars to be even huger sounding than these ones? I double track left and right panned hare left anr Right just like Dino does here.,.. But how can I make my guitars sound big just like the Access Virus when it has those massive ring mods and stuff? Is there some phase trick? Or does it need to be run through some processor and if I do run it through one... such as the Virus or maybe my eventide, what kind of processing is required and do I treat each mono track of electric guitar separately? or do i treat the stereo bus of electric guitar as a stereo pair through the processing?

But I have no clue what kind of processing this might need. I do not believe it is tape. I believe this is done digitaly... but i dont really want the guitar "Effected" other thant made larger in size.

Here is the link and 1:53 is where the idea comes in where the Synth simply comes in bigger than the electric guitars.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Or maybe what i am asking is not possible according to the science.

SP2. In addition, as per my support emails, i keep getting the diagnosatic screen upon opening VC in either new sessions or ones trying to open in existing sessions. This is probabily because I tried to now go back to a previous version of the OS. It says the software is a mismatch to the hardware. but the software installed was 4.1.1.05 and the hardware says this upon starting it.... and so does the dpm file. throughout the process there was mismatches i noticed in these but now ive re-installed everything is the same and still same diagnostic. I tried deleting digidesign databases but still. VC says the current version is 4.1.1.05.

now I have just gone through the Tarekith optimizations for XP as well as the Avid Reccommended ones - totally optimizing the machine further - but the Virus Control screen is still turning grey after a few attempts at pressing tabs and knobs which do not repond.... the whole VC window turns grey. Before when i first installed the latest OS today but did not do the optimizations, you would have to move the window out of the screen views and back in to see the next tab clicked on or any changes - but there is nothing reacting on the screen when clicking or dragging... the change is definetly made - but this is very much a hindrance for obvious reasons. There is simply no screen refreshing only in the VC plug-in at the moment... there is sound but no visual correspondence in VC.

Please strongly advise.

On pro tools, the VC screen is not re-drawing and nothing can be visibly changed on the screen of the plug-in - this was after installing to the new latest OS just now. severe screen re-draw problems - there were a few of these problems before with the previous OS... but it only happened when the VC plug-in was on my laptop's screen but not on the extended monitor - now with the new OS there is no pixel response on the VC window when on either monitor now. LOL. buffer size was adjusted between 128 to 256 to 512 - and nothing but grey window.

I notice that the sound of the virus is very deep and modern.... does anyone know which A/D converter for recording other stuff comes closest to the color of the virus? So I can have a more consistent sound to the virus when I record other things

Maybe not as rounded, but what I mean to ask is - what is the most modern sounding A/D converter out there which has a similar very 3 dimensional sound of a hyper-synthetic quality like my virus TI? Because my rosetta 200 is too vintage sounding. It sounds very 60s and a little washed out when i record my electric guitar, and vocals, etc.. not much different character than the converters in my-m-audio project mix, (although better for sure), but I need a more modern sounding A to D converter with a more deeper 3D sort of hi-fi sort of synthetic sound like the Virus so that anything I record is more consistent with the Virus.

So I obviously need a more suitable converter to have more consistent sound with that very artificial sort of modern vibe of my Virus. What A/D converter should I go with for that very extremely synthetic big 3D sound? Because the Rosetta is simply not doing it.

Is there some converter I can buy for under $3000US that will give me the proper color I am looking for? (Rosetta enthusiasts dont understand - they keep telling me it has a very musical color - but they do not understand its the wrong color and not synthetically 3D enough... and also not hi-fidelity enough. Can I do it for 2000? How about 1000?

I was referred to RME, but are those not too sterile?

And which condenser microphone is best for this colored modern sound too? To also make vocals sound colored. A tube mic?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is many Virus users running their sounds through either the Eventide H8000 or 7600. Are these units also at a high level of intricacy of sound design to the programming level of the Virus?

Is it worth the $4000 for the 7600 or $6000 for the H8000 for intricate effects? Programming-wise if one is a Virus fan? Because this is very expensive to pay for effects units.

I know Virus Users must love effects since the virus obviously has may of them also acting as an effects processor. But are Virus users generally also recommended to buy any of these effects units? Or is there different reccommended effects units more suitable to the Virus sound if i want to run the Virus sound through them. (or other sounds to be very crazy)

Because the Kore ones are nice, but I would never use them for live usage because I never do any thing based off laptop computers for live. All of it is real equipment. I even I have an $800 rackmount Denon mp3 player. (I was the first in my country to buy one).

Thanks