Beiträge von militantmind

Hello,

So after upgrading to the 5.0 public beta 2, I have found that it is useable as it does not desync everything virus in any of my Logic sessions. However I am still trying to iron out my sidechain (other post) issue. I am going to try 10.8.1 on my macbook and see if this second public beta works there at which point in time I will time machine backup my main workstation and proceed with the 10.8.1 upgrade (finally!).

Best,

As I stated previously I am not defending my post; however I will update you with this: each and every other component in my studio is 100% happy and compatible with 10.8- which is why I upgraded (not to say I am not back up and running in 10.7.4). From my sound card which is an Ensemble to Logic and everything in between. I purchased the Virus to use its Total Integration software with Logic, not to have another stupid (by stupid I mean non-integrated/unintelligent) midi keyboard. I already have such a host of synths: from jupiter 1's to mini moog's to a pair of nord's and now a Virus which doesn't do what it's biggest (and frankly only) selling point was. I always check and am on all forums with related equipment which is why I posted my lamentation here after exploring that there were no offered solutions and being told to wait.

Hello,

This is me utilizing this forum to convey my thoughts and feelings to Access; if you don't like what I have to say tough. I'm not about to defend this statement; it will stand on its own.

There are numerous folks who can't use their Virus with OSX 10.8; myself included. What are you (Access) doing about this and when can we all enjoy the products we paid so much for? It is UNACCEPTABLE that I cannot utilize Apple's new OS with my Virus; by having to remove your product from my studio work you end up cost me money and time. Too, for whatever reason, your OS5 beta drivers cause desync with my TI and hence are wholly unusable; there are many more of us with this same problem too! I bought my full keyboard TI2 to use specifically within OSX and Logic; something which the Virus is supposed to be able to do. It seems that Access continues to be a day late and a dollar short. My Virus was broken since purchase for over a year and many, many updates passed with no success and only until I complained and complained did I finally get my TI2 looked at and repaired, only to find that I cannot use it again as it is intended (with OSX 10.8 ).

This full keyboard TI2 is my one and only Access product, and I am entirely dissatisfied with it's support, quality and functional ability. I am uncertain as to whether any future Access products will take residence in my production studio. This means the ball is in your court Access, do something properly or lose lots and lots of money and users.

Were you so unprepared for Apple's upcoming OSX, you guys didn't know for a WHOLE YEAR that 10.8 was on the way? Your TI OS 4.5.3 was released WAY BACK IN OCTOBER OF 2011!! You (Access) had really no idea that your 4.5.3 TI OS wouldn't work within 10.8? Access, you didn't even WARN the users that 10.8 and the old TI OS wouldn't work- it was up to myself and many other users on this forum who foolishly installed OSX 10.8 and then relayed the problems we were having. Then we discovered we were not alone and there were many of us.

Please, at the VERY LEAST, give us a hopeful time-frame so we can make plans and use of your products.

Lastly, I am still hopeful that one day I can use my late 2009 purchase properly. However, until that day my Virus makes no sounds and is a glorified blinking-light paperweight.

P.S. Marc, this is by no means any sort of attack or belittlement of you; you are Access' forum super hero and PK expert. You rock, it'd be nice if your employer followed suit.

Hi Flabber!

yes I can verify that the 3 channel of the virus is USB 5+6 and this is the channel with the extra compression at the top to pickup the ULTRABEAT bus 1 send also if I turn the compressor off (bypass) or turn the sidechain bus 1 option to none the Virus bass sound plays once again in sync.

Thanks for your help! Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you I needed to restore a backup of my 10.7.4 system so I could get back to work as 10.8 doesn't work with my TI2 with release version 4.5.3; too, my Virus doesn't like the OS5 public beta and plays out-of-sync and is unusable so I had to downgrade.

Jimmy

Hi Marc,

No, I just thought it was buggy and nothing more; should I be in touch with customer support?? I had my TI2 repaired already for desync issues and inability to use current releases as well as an inability to function in 64bit OSX. All of which were non-existent now.

Hrm... I have no other desync issues with 4.5.3 other than for some reason trying to sidechain puts the virus out of sync and I have a thread about that going here: http://www.access-music.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=21123#post21123
    Please advise!

Thanks,

Jimmy

I am in an Octo 2.26 MacPro with 8GB RAM using an Apogee ensemble with current Mountain Lion drivers, and my Virus TI2 full keyboard in Logic 9.1.7.

Logic doesn't find my Virus with 4.5.3 installed; however it does find it with the 5.0 latest public beta. I upgraded from Lion 10.7.4 to 10.8 and everything else works just fine. Thoughts?

Thanks for the assistance!

jimmy

HI

I've searched all around and I simply cannot find the help I need with respect to how to sidechain my Virus TI2 in Logic.

This is what I was doing: (screenshot included to clarify some of my muddy description)

I have an ULTRABEAT in stereo mode as my last Logic channel and this is what I will be sending to BUS1 in hopes of sidechaining. Then I have setup my TI2 as 3 outs/1 input; I have then added it to Logic using the multitimbral option and I have 3 Virus channels- 1 main and 2 aux. I set the TI2 so that each of the Virus channels is USB1+2, USB3+4 and USB5+6; meaning that each channel is stereo.

Now each channel (the ULTRABEAT and the 3 TI2 channels) has a compressor, space designer and adlimiter and they all work fine. On one of the channels of the TI2 (for argument's sake we'll use USB5+6 which is the last Virus channel but the third Logic channel as you'll recall my ULTRABEAT is stereo and the last Logic channel) I add a compressor at the TOP of the channel strip (above the compressor I already am using for that channel) this is the compressor I hope to use to pickup the ULTRABEAT send to BUS1 and sidechain the beat with a bass synth from the VIRUS.

This is where things go wrong. Using this method I have yet to be able to get synced proper playback; however if I use the TI2 as a stereo/1 channel logic instrument the sidechaining like this works fine- except I cannot use more than one channel from the Virus at a time which defeats the purpose of the Virus. I note that I do not know much about sidenchaining and that I am using a method I researched online. I also see that (like most windows in Logic) there is a little sidechain box on the Virus TI window- should I have been using it instead of this compressor method? I need some babystep pointers and assistance please! Sidechaining is very necessary for me and I need to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for all your time and careful consideration!

Jimmy

After one full year of owning and using a full keyboard Virus TI (with Logic Pro 9.1.3):

Still can't turn off and on without death-screatch when OSX boots 64bit. 32bit OSX works fine but as the new Mac Pro's boot 64bit native; I should like to run my 2009 mac pro octo in 64bit as well.

*Recently upgraded to TI OS 4.05 or whatever; major desync issues during looped playback.
    --*Just tonight I tried the public beta of TI OS 4.1.0 whatever; continued desync: unuseable.

Downgraded to TI OS public beta 3.3.0 and all desync issues resolved.

mm

Tony, have you tried the new pro-audio apple update yet? I'm away from my studio on the road with my MBP and wondering if this new update helps any; it specifically addresses noise issues... apparently. I also, on my MP, run 10.6.3 and Logic 9.1.1- been a while since I've heard from this post!

Best regards!

mm

*Update :)

So I tried out the 4.0.0.18 update using Snow Leopard 10.6.2 in 64bit kernel mode, with Logic 9.1 32bit flavor. I can still open and close Logic many times if I keep my Virus TI powered on the whole time I'm using my MP. However, if I power it down and then on again (various times; sometimes 2 times is enough, etc.) while closing and opening Logic for use I continue to get the nasty noise spew.

**HOWEVER, one thing that HAS changed because of this update is that if I try to reset/rescan the Audio Units Manager in Logic the nasty spew does stop now during this process but unfortunately comes back afterwards. Once the TI starts to spew nasty noise I have never- previouse to this update- been able to even affect the noise; by powering the TI up and down, unplugging it and doing the arp edit power on, resetting the Audio Units Manger, closing and opening Logic. The only thing that still affects the noise spew is a reboot; and I think that's silly.

ok. Solved my Logic 9.1 crashing issue. I can save-as and bounce in 9.1 with no issue. However, I am still getting my Virus spewing nasty noise if I turn it off and power it back on while exiting and re-entering Logic 9.1 (32bit flavor) in 64bit OSX kernel running Snow Leopard 10.6.2

mm

I am running my OS X in 64bit kernel mode, running Logic 9.0.2 in 32bit (which is what it runs at native). If I were to use Logic 9.1 it can run as a 64bit app but the 64bit version doesn't allow use of my Euphonix control surfaces so if I were to try to run 9.1 it would be in 32bit mode for the app itself. The 9.1 update allows the user (upon selecting off the 32bit mode start in the Logic Pro "get info" pane) to run the app as either a 64bit or 32bit version. They will run (or are SUPPOSED to run) fine in either kernel environment. However unless the user is running a 64bit kernel apparently the 64bit app won't TRULY be 64bit. I have problems running 9.1 in any flavor; I get random beachball deaths when I try to save-as or bounce.

**Update: I have determined that if I power-up the TI *BEFORE* powering up the MP, then leaving the unit powered on; I can close and open Logic 9.0.2 (32bit app as there is no way to run in 64bit mode) in 64bit Snow Leopard 10.6.2 as many times as I like without the nasty noise spew. However if I put the unit to sleep while the MP is on and then power it up, I get the spew.

mm

Hello!

Came back with an (actual) problem with my TI keyboard:
    (*this only occurs in 64bit OS X kernel mode)

So I
    power-up/reboot my MP octo and boot into 64bit kernel. I power-up my
    ensemble, my two euphonix control surfaces and my virus ti. Load Logic
    Pro 9.0.2 (as I can't run 9.1 without it beachball killing me; another
    problem for another day) play around for a few minutes or hours. Close
    logic. Do something or nothing else restart Logic and my Virus spews
    horrible noise and deafens me. I recently discovered the "set cycle to
    1/96" parameter and hence have the box checked; I also have the small
    process latency setting set. I have tried powering on and off the TI but
    to no avail. Opening and closing Logic doesnt help nor does resetting
    the midi in logic. Only a reboot seems to work and I figure I shouldn't
    have to reboot every time I run Logic so I need some professional
    assistance!

**Edit: I'm connecting the TI to my MP via the discrete USB interface. My TI is upgraded to version 3.3.4 The mono+sync (panic) button combo also does nothing to stop the noise.

Thanks for your time and consideration!
    mm

Update:

The trouble I was having is that I couldn't find an explanation on how to setup the Virus TI's instrument channel in Logic 9 to be multitimbral. You can select this option from the original channel insert menu in Logic then specify how many channels are assigned to the one instrument; in this case a Virus TI.

Afterwards it's all in the manual. Thanks for all the assistance!

Best,

mm

The logic tutorial doesn't show me how to use the virus ti NOT as the main sound card. The tutorial assumes you are using the TI as the sound card. I want to use my ensemble NOT my TI as my logic sound output.

Thanks.

mm

So I'm a new full keyboard Virus TI owner and I've purchased this unit to work in unison with Logic Pro. I'm also a new mac-user... I have an Apogee Ensemble I want to use as my soundcard, and I wish to use the Virus TI through USB but using the 3 outputs it apparently can perform. I have yet to achieve this in Logic and was hoping to get some master-craft info on how to use my TI for 2 or 3 instruments.

Thanks very much for your time and consideration!

mm