Beiträge von Cally

Hey all, today I seem to have run in to so many problems with my Virus Ti2, I'm hoping someone can help. I've spent all afternoon trying to solve this myself but have had no luck :(

I was working on a track yesterday (on Cubase 5) and towards the end of the day the Virus started playing up. When I was playing back my project it would play a few notes correctly, but then hold some of them for a few bars before letting those notes go and then play a few more correctly, but then hold more notes again. It kept doing this and I'd been on there all afternoon so I just turned it off and thought it would be alright today.

This morning I put my PC on and was greeted by the blue screen of death!! :thumbdown: I restarted it and then it happened again. I've not made any changes to my PC in ages or added new software. The only thing I've done is update the Virus to 'Virus TI Installer 4.5.1.15 for Windows 64-bit', and as the Virus was playing up yesterday figured this must be the cause. I opened up the Virus Control Centre but nothing looked out of the ordinary, so I decided to go back to the latest 'release' version, assuming there were still bugs in the Beta version. However when I went to do this the PC crashed twice. I then thought I would reinstall the Beta version to see if that worked, and it did. But when I opened my project there was a message 'The plug-in 'Virus Ti' could not be found for VST Synth 2!'. I looked at my VST list and where the Virus was it had '!!! Virus Ti !!!', showing it ws missing. I selected the Virus as obviously the path had changed and my 3 VTi output channels disappeared and were replaced by a single 'Out 1' channel. To make things worse, when I opened the Virus control panel in Cubase, all my sounds had gone for the project I was working on and been reset back to 'init' :cursing: I'm guessing I'll have lost all my sounds and settings now for every project to date :(

I've got a template where I used to have my Virus set up with 3 VTi output channels, but when I open that up the Virus is missing and when I connect it the 3 VTi channels also disappear from that and are replaced by the single 'Out 1' channel :(

Does anyone know how I can get back my 3 VTi channels and whether there's any way of retrieving my sounds?

Hey all, I've had my Ti2 now for over a year and just decided to see what Atomizer is all about. I'm running Cubase 5 and I am aware of all the issues regarding Atomizer, Cubase and side chaining. I came across these 2 videos showing you how to get Atomizer working with Cubase...

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Hopefully they'll help some of you out there having problems. However I've followed them step by step and although I've got Atomizer to work, the original sample that is playing continues to play while the Atomizer effect is triggered. Obviously the original sample is meant to be cut when the effect is triggered. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know how to solve it? It's obviously possible to get working as in both these videos Atomizer works perfectly. Just to let you know my Ti is connected directly to my PC via USB and also via my soundcard (I don't use the Virus as my soundcard) via 2 midi cables. I spent an hour surfing the net looking for some help on this before posting here, but I couldn't find a solution, or even anyone else with the same problem.