Beiträge von dspears

follow up to my situation:

while Working in Cubase 5, Virus control was intermittent. Sometimes it would load up the first time. Sometimes it took multiple restarts/resets of Virus TI and Cubase 5 before I could work. Once I do get Virus Control to instantiate, I can work on mulitple projects that is until I close Cubase 5.

Worked with Joerg for about a week going through all sorts of possibilities/system reports and still couldn't pinpoint the cause. Joerg was great, just couldn't find out the source of this mishap.

I'm suspecting maybe it was windows xp hotfix update that messed up virus control or maybe it's something in Cubase 5.

I've been able to adapt my workflow to this occurence, but hopefully we can sort this out or pinpoint the cause.

my setup:
    Core I7 920
    Gigabyte board UD3r (speed steppng off)
    Windows XP Home
    Virus Ti desktop
    Cubase 5.1
    Steinberg MR 816
    Motu Micro Lite

I'm experiencing the same thing that you guys have had. Virus Control is finicky - sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn't. It may take up to five Cubase restarts and Virus resets (arp edit from sleep) before I can get the virus control up. Been running the newest 3.1 os since it came out. Problems didn't occur until I added cubase 5.1 and the MR816x. I've often had trouble with the motu microlite not starting up with windows but that was a simple unplug and replug the USB cable fix. The Virus is more finicky. I'm going to try a dedicated pci USB card for the virus and see if that works. The odd thing is that once the Virus control is up in a particular project, it's clear sailing.

here's my setup:
    Core I7 920
    Gigabyte board UD3r (speed steppng off)
    Windows XP Home
    Virus Ti desktop
    Cubase 5.1 (legal and registered)
    Steinberg MR 816
    Motu Micro Lite