Beiträge von boreg

It's really straightforward:

• Connect a Virus' sub output to input
    • Select a Multi
    • Select a part that you want processed and route it to sub output (in Multi edit menu)
    • Select another part and set it up for processing input . You have several options here:
      - Static - the input is constantly processed by the filters and FX block
      - Dynamic - same as above, but the input is only let through when a key is pressed. Good for those "trance-gate" effects ))
      - and then, there's the Atomizer (somewhat gimmicky IMHO and easy to overdo, but still worth a try)

Have fun!

For multitimbral use, the Virus has to be in MULTI or SEQ mode.

In SEQ mode, you have 16 parts playing on MIDI channels 1-16 (part 1 is always on channel 1, etc).

MULTI mode is more flexible, since any part can be assigned to any MIDI channel and keyboard range. Also, multis can be named and saved.

I suggest you read the section on Multis in the Virus manual, let us know if you have further questions.

Hope this helps ))

Boris.

Hi people,

My trusty old Virus TI has developed some bad issues.

I use it in multi mode, and one of the channels is usually set to an "input" preset, for filtering and effecting external audio.
    A couple of days ago, it got stuck - the same filter and effects are applied to external audio, even if I switch "input mode" off, select an entirely different (non-input) preset or switch to single mode. Even the main volume doesn't affect it! The other channels and patches seem to work properly.

A weird software glitch, I thought, certainly a restart will fix it. After a "Cold" reset (taking the power plug out) things were right for a while, then it happened again. Another restart, the Virus boots as usual, but doesn't produce any sound at all! The MIDI indicator shows it receives notes, but both headphone and main outputs are silent.

I always thought digital hardware doesn't deteriorate - it either works or it doesn't. I mean, there are no capacitors to dry ))
    So what can be causing such weird symptoms? Maybe my power supply became wonky? Can the internal battery have something to do with this? I know it's a long shot, but it's the only factor that has changed with time - I never replaced the battery since I got the Virus brand new something like 10 years ago.

Really hope you can help me with this. The Virus is my workhorse :(

Cheers folks!

Here's my latest track - all hardware, live recording. Only the acid bass (courtesy of FutureRetro Revolution) was recorded to a separate track and treated with plugins.

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

As usual, Virus TI provides most synth parts here.
    Fun fact - I've managed to max out the polyphony on MPC1000 (if you notice a drum break that cuts suddenly - that's it). Must be a sign that I should work on more minimalist arrangements :)

Cheers guys, glad you like it!

Zitat

Would be interesting to have a complete breakdown of what sounds are from which synth..

This is the kind of question I love to answer :)
    Since this is a synth forum, I decided that the best would be to let you hear each synth in isolation. So I recorded a short demo:

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I added timed comments so you can see who's doing what.
    It's fascinating how they all have totally different personalities.

Hi folks,

Check out my new track:

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com

Featuring the usual cast of Virus TI, Blofeld and DSI Evolver, guest appearance by FutureRetro Revolution.
    Directed by MPC1000 (which also provides drums and other samples).
    FX by Eventide Space and Korg KP3+.
    Live recording, no edits or overdubs.
    Enjoy ^^

Very nice DeepSky! Lots of great sounds, I wonder how many are from Virus.
    Specifically, what about the bass in Reality and Red Sky? I've been trying for years to coax such sounds from my Virus Ti, without success.