Beiträge von shubs

Hello,

I'm currently on Logic 9.1.1 Mac OSX 10.6.3. I run Logic in 64bit mode.
    From what I read on this forum and understood, OS4.0 is 64bit compatible but I would have to use the Logic 32bit bridge to be able to use it?
    Essentially, this isn't going to be like Omnisphere where there is a 64bit native option while I'm trying to load my soft synths.

Please help.

Shubs

You want to check your ASIO settings - see how small a latency your system can cope with...

Also, there is a 'live mode' button in the bottom left of the VST - if this isnt activated, you will find that clicking it will improve things a heck of a lot....

How do I check my ASIO settings? I use a Mac OS 10.6.
    I've noticed that when I turn on the live mode, my sound tends to go out out of sync as well. My Virus sounds will play before my kick drum or what have you.

What settings should I have in Logic for the plug-in compensation and delay values?

[
    as for a dedicated USB card, i would only go for one if you experience crackling and/or get warning messages from virus control (the info bar goes red messaging you a sync error, virus control detects an USB conflict at startup etc.) -

I don't get the red out of sync error during start up. Only during playback in my arrangement. Quite annoying to say the least.
    Also, is offline bouncing gonna become a possibility soon?

Can someone describe how they've setup their Virus TI2 with Logic 9 to minimize latency completely.
    I have had some issues where notes are being played out of sync and off-beat. What are your settings for latency/buffer in Logic.

I've read on other forums that USB bandwith gets divided when you have multiple USB devices, and a PCI USB expansion card should be installed to tackle this issue. Is this true?

I'm currently running the Virus & Logic on a MacPro 2.67Ghz Octacore with 8gb of ram. I think the system is quite capable of handling the workload.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Shubs